Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best option
Propose to annex itself to United States 10 38.46%
Propose to annex itself to France 16 61.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 03:06 PM

220 posts, read 123,367 times

Advertisements

Let me guess your another Dominican by your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
You see that kind of mentality is what keeps haiti in the hole, its all about putting blame on somebody else, revenge, ect.
Yes, revenge. Your point? Your country hasn't been sabotaged by many countries. Your country isn't a western backed mafia state. Show me when DR has stuff like this happening.
https://twitter.com/ReparationsH/sta...17505372082177

Or this...

Norris McDonald | ‘Haiti, Give Me Your Gold, Not Your Weak And Weary!’
Norris McDonald |

Or this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl9Z...ctr=1564606709

Show me where DR had a democratically elected president kidnapped? You guys like to call Haiti a sh*thole, failed state and tell us to pull up by the bootstrap. We WILL pull our bootstraps and want to but people like you dismiss the constant meddling in Haiti by the West. So don't freaking talk to me about "mentality."

Quote:
Yeah you will go against the US and and join Cuba and Venezuela, then what?
Why shouldn't we be friends with the two countries who helped us out the most?

Quote:

from where are you going to get tourists for developing the north?
China? Like most Caribbean nations.
https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...ese-investment

Have you been paying attention?

Quote:

China? thats a 16 hour flight, who will invest a cent in an isolated Haiti?
What the heck are you talking about? China is investing in Cuba which is "isolated." They already built a railroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isl_1oqU55U

How do you even know Haiti will be "isolated." Second, 16 hour flight? WTH are you talking about? Is China not in the DR? Is China not in the Caribbean and Latin America to begin with. Flights have nothing to do with hour investments work. Haitians don't trust the West. Its the same reason why the protesters said "long live Putin."

Of course I'm just BLAMING people. Even when.... American mercenaries were found in the country. Haitians like Africans don't trust the West. Period. Which is they prefer China. You want Haiti to pull its bootstrap then tell the West to STOP supporting the corrupt PHTK party which was created by Clinton. Then we will ditch Taiwan for China for development like we were suppose to when they offered 60 billion investment deal.

Quote:

that archaic, brute, way of thinking is what keep Haiti down.
Do tell how what I am saying is "archaic" or "brute." How is moving away from the West which constantly hurt Haiti brute force? How is siding with Cuba and Venezuela especially the LATTER who been giving Haiti money for development.
https://www.efe.com/efe/english/worl...000262-3684086

Venezuela's funds have helped build schools.
Quote:

You dont need to look too far if you want to see how things are done. just look at DR, just established relations with china and at the same time is expected to have the highest economic growth in Latin america this year. DR gets 54% of all investment in the Caribbean.
there is no reason why Haiti cannot do the same. But scaring investors with calls to join Venezuela (-30% GDP_2019) or Cuba (-4% GDP_2019) no one will go or invest a cent in Haiti.
DR is NOT Haiti, Cuba or Venezuela. Those three nations along with Honduras, Bolivia, and other Latin American nations want to determined our OWN future without the meddling of uncle sam. And whenever we do(electing our own presidents for our OWN interests) we get punished. DR never had to deal with that.

And while I don't believe in conspiracy... Many people believe the exaggerated media scare of DR is due to them choosing China or Taiwan. I mean some of those deaths were MONTHS.

But anyways you talk Cuba and Venezuela's economy but again those two nations have aided Haiti. And why would Haiti having friendly relations with Cuba and Venezuela scare investors? There are still Europeans and Canadians investing in Cuba. Europeans and Canadians still travel to Cuba. With Venezuela there just too much violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 05:37 AM

986 posts, read 863,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Let me guess your another Dominican by your post.

Yes, revenge. Your point? Your country hasn't been sabotaged by many countries. Your country isn't a western backed mafia state. Show me when DR has stuff like this happening.
https://twitter.com/ReparationsH/sta...17505372082177

Or this...

Norris McDonald | ‘Haiti, Give Me Your Gold, Not Your Weak And Weary!’
Norris McDonald |

Or this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl9Z...ctr=1564606709

Show me where DR had a democratically elected president kidnapped? You guys like to call Haiti a sh*thole, failed state and tell us to pull up by the bootstrap. We WILL pull our bootstraps and want to but people like you dismiss the constant meddling in Haiti by the West. So don't freaking talk to me about "mentality."

Why shouldn't we be friends with the two countries who helped us out the most?

China? Like most Caribbean nations.
https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...ese-investment

Have you been paying attention?

What the heck are you talking about? China is investing in Cuba which is "isolated." They already built a railroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isl_1oqU55U

How do you even know Haiti will be "isolated." Second, 16 hour flight? WTH are you talking about? Is China not in the DR? Is China not in the Caribbean and Latin America to begin with. Flights have nothing to do with hour investments work. Haitians don't trust the West. Its the same reason why the protesters said "long live Putin."

Of course I'm just BLAMING people. Even when.... American mercenaries were found in the country. Haitians like Africans don't trust the West. Period. Which is they prefer China. You want Haiti to pull its bootstrap then tell the West to STOP supporting the corrupt PHTK party which was created by Clinton. Then we will ditch Taiwan for China for development like we were suppose to when they offered 60 billion investment deal.

Do tell how what I am saying is "archaic" or "brute." How is moving away from the West which constantly hurt Haiti brute force? How is siding with Cuba and Venezuela especially the LATTER who been giving Haiti money for development.
https://www.efe.com/efe/english/worl...000262-3684086

Venezuela's funds have helped build schools.

DR is NOT Haiti, Cuba or Venezuela. Those three nations along with Honduras, Bolivia, and other Latin American nations want to determined our OWN future without the meddling of uncle sam. And whenever we do(electing our own presidents for our OWN interests) we get punished. DR never had to deal with that.

And while I don't believe in conspiracy... Many people believe the exaggerated media scare of DR is due to them choosing China or Taiwan. I mean some of those deaths were MONTHS.

But anyways you talk Cuba and Venezuela's economy but again those two nations have aided Haiti. And why would Haiti having friendly relations with Cuba and Venezuela scare investors? There are still Europeans and Canadians investing in Cuba. Europeans and Canadians still travel to Cuba. With Venezuela there just too much violence.
Elites and middle class haitians think like this guy. They told Brazilians go home when Brazil was there with trops leading UN mission.

They say this about China but they forget that China made and makes much of its money exporting to USA and Haiti being located much closer USA, having a lot of unmployed young workers, Haiti would produce cheap manufacturing stuff to USA cheaper than Mexico and China (as they alredy export almost 1 billion dollar in clothes to US) making many billions dollar, employing millions Haitians at home.
They have to forget the past and look ahead.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:52 PM

I don't know what the hell you're even talking about but I'm done with this silly ass thread.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:23 AM

393 posts, read 593,383 times
What on Earth makes anyone think that either the USA or France have ANY desire to annex Haiti? Even if Haiti were to plead with them they wouldn't even consider it. Why would they want to take charge of such a destitute, undemocratic, violent, and environmentally raped country? What in God's name could they possibly gain by such a foolhardy venture?

In fact the opposite is the case...………….nobody wants anything to do with Haiti. Yes we will send them economic aid especially Canada and France due to being the only other French speaking country in the Americas but that's it. We will help to alleviate immediate suffering but everyone knows that any long-term aid is like spending good money after bad. Haiti is a write-off and there is absolutely no reason to think that it will be anything but that for decades to come. A very sad statement but that doesn't the fact that it's true.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
What on Earth makes anyone think that either the USA or France have ANY desire to annex Haiti? Even if Haiti were to plead with them they wouldn't even consider it. Why would they want to take charge of such a destitute, undemocratic, violent, and environmentally raped country? What in God's name could they possibly gain by such a foolhardy venture?

In fact the opposite is the case...………….nobody wants anything to do with Haiti. Yes we will send them economic aid especially Canada and France due to being the only other French speaking country in the Americas but that's it. We will help to alleviate immediate suffering but everyone knows that any long-term aid is like spending good money after bad. Haiti is a write-off and there is absolutely no reason to think that it will be anything but that for decades to come. A very sad statement but that doesn't the fact that it's true.
We don't want or need your pity.

As for what the USA wants?
https://indypendent.org/2010/02/the-...rrel-of-a-gun/

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

The USA and Canada have been raping Haiti since the occupation of Haiti(seemed like USA wanted to annex Haiti then) and been using Haiti as its own personal neoliberal project. The average Haitian actually wants this to happen. We want the USA/Canada/France to "have nothing to do with us" because all they have done is help protect the elites who have been raping the country. And no we don't want your worthless foreign aid either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byg2S6PfuF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknZ6MSZSpM

Lets not forget the many interferences in our elections.
Clinton E-Mails Point to US Intervention in 2010 Haiti Elections | Haiti: Relief and Reconstruction Watch | CEPR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzlIXz2LRBs

So yea call Haiti a **** hole all you want and claim I'm "blaming whitey" but don't dare act like those western nations don't have a personal agenda. And this is not even all I have. Anyways this entire forum needs to ****ing keep Haitians out yall mouths because most of yall dont know **** about the geopolitical situation in Haiti.

Edit:
This stupid ass thread should've been locked or deleted.

Last edited by ADOSwarrior; 08-14-2019 at 04:58 AM..

Old 08-16-2019, 12:07 AM

393 posts, read 593,383 times
You may not want our pity but certainly want our money. Canada is one of Haiti's biggest aid providers but if Haitians find it so offensive coming from Canada then they certainly have the right to refuse it but I can't imagine that every happening.

Contrary to popular belief, The West is under no obligation, legally or morally, to provide any economic or social aid to any country at any time.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:57 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,114,769 times
Quote:
You may not want our pity but certainly want our money. Canada is one of Haiti's biggest aid providers but if Haitians find it so offensive coming from Canada then they certainly have the right to refuse it but I can't imagine that every happening.

Contrary to popular belief, The West is under no obligation, legally or morally, to provide any economic or social aid to any country at any time.
Like it or not, one country in the West owes Haiti billions. Haiti isn’t looking for pity. It deserves what belongs to it, what was extorted from it.

And this has nothing to do with Canada.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:02 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,114,769 times
Quote:

What are you even talking about? Haiti is not the only other French-speaking country in the Americas. Ever heard of French Guiana? It’s right there in South America. Right in the same Caribbean are Martinique, Guadeloupe and little St Barts and St Martin. Haiti speaks more Kreyol than French anyway.

Certainly France doesn’t want to be responsible for the country it raped and extorted the equivalent of billions from. Responsibility is not its strongpoint.

Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,010,594 times
Haiti and the Dominican Republic should become one nation. Leaving Hati on its own has not helped Haiti and will continue to be extremely poor and still be one of the poorest countries in the world. The Dominican Republic together with the international community can heavily invest in that region. The Dominican Republic is a more functional society and one of the best economies in the Carribean. Yet it will need massive international help, especially from wealthy nations to help Haiti. In time with careful planning and development then Haiti will prosper.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Haiti and the Dominican Republic should become one nation. Leaving Hati on its own has not helped Haiti and will continue to be extremely poor and still be one of the poorest countries in the world. The Dominican Republic together with the international community can heavily invest in that region. The Dominican Republic is a more functional society and one of the best economies in the Carribean. Yet it will need massive international help, especially from wealthy nations to help Haiti. In time with careful planning and development then Haiti will prosper.
If you don't get this garbage out of here. You'd probably get your ass slapped in the face by a real Zoe in real life uttering nonsense like this. Like I said every Haitian would fight to their last breath before they allow themselves to be annexed. Especially by the f*cking DR. A mod seriously needs to lock this stupid thread.

And lol at DR the "best economies in Caribbean" like Bahamas, Trinidad and Barbados don't exist with higher GDP per capita and less poverty compared to DR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas