U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 04:27 PM

4,845 posts, read 4,480,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
the bad thing about these Spanish channels I get on my TV is that they the majority are Mexicans actors and reporters so it's not a good way to help me with the accent I want.

Here is some salvadorean videos for you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...as+el+salvador

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4JgAiAe1s&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMWxIL2illE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 10:41 PM

6,003 posts, read 9,556,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Half of the slang salvadoreans use comes from Mexico. Esta chido loco, simon loco etc etc etc.....
1980s L.A. gang slang. Did you ever see the movie "Blood In, Blood Out"?

Old 07-25-2019, 01:08 AM

105 posts, read 41,482 times

dude! did you really had to taint ,tarnish, sully, blacken, stain, besmirch, smear, blot, blemish, stigmatize, mar, corrupt, defile, foul, dirty, damage, injure, harm, hurt, debase, infect, poison, vitiate, contaminate, pollute, adulterate, infect, blight, befoul, spoil, soil, ruin, destroy this website with the video with the pieces of shiit in it.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
1980s L.A. gang slang. Did you ever see the movie "Blood In, Blood Out"?
lol Yeah I have seen it. Give me some Chon chon!!

Old 07-25-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
lol Yeah I have seen it. Give me some Chon chon!!
Believe it or not, that movie was written by a New Mexican, Jimmy Santiago Baca. His brief story: he grew up in NM, had been in a street gang and got into trouble, was sent to prison, while in prison he turned himself around and started writing poetry, got out of prison and started himself on a career in writing.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Believe it or not, that movie was written by a New Mexican, Jimmy Santiago Baca. His brief story: he grew up in NM, had been in a street gang and got into trouble, was sent to prison, while in prison he turned himself around and started writing poetry, got out of prison and started himself on a career in writing.
Cool, didn't know that. Good for him for turning his life around.

A few months ago I actually watched the 25th anniversary cast reunion for blood in blood out on youtube. It has become a pretty big cult classic. Personally I prefer the movie "American me", but blood in blood out is good too. Blood in blood out seems to have a bigger fan base.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Cool, didn't know that. Good for him for turning his life around.

A few months ago I actually watched the 25th anniversary cast reunion for blood in blood out on youtube. It has become a pretty big cult classic. Personally I prefer the movie "American me", but blood in blood out is good too. Blood in blood out seems to have a bigger fan base.
You can check out Jimmy Santiago Baca's:
- "Black Mesa Poems" - a collection of some his earlier poems.

- "Martin and Meditations on the South Valley" - the South Valley is where I grew up. It's the area of the Rio Grande river valley covered by the old Atrisco Land Grant. It's also known as the "Valle de Atrisco".

Did you ever see Stand and Deliver? I had a friend in college, she was from East L.A. and was in that guys' Calculus class.

Last edited by 80skeys; 07-25-2019 at 10:46 AM..

Old 07-25-2019, 10:44 AM

52 posts, read 12,097 times

I don't listen to that brainless, too basic garbage rap. I prefer this.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:08 AM

South Valley, Atrisco Land Grant: New Mexico Office of the State Historian : Atrisco Grant

Old 07-25-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
You can check out Jimmy Santiago Baca's:
- "Black Mesa Poems" - a collection of some his earlier poems.

- "Martin and Meditations on the South Valley" - the South Valley is where I grew up. It's the area of the Rio Grande river valley covered by the old Atrisco Land Grant. It's also known as the "Valle de Atrisco".

Did you ever see Stand and Deliver? I had a friend in college, she was from East L.A. and was in that guys' Calculus class.
Yeah that movie is a classic. That movie along with lean on me really take me back to the 80s. I saw both in theatres as a kid. I really like both.

Thanks for the recommendations. Ill
Check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas