U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM

41 posts, read 119,207 times

Advertisements

I'm currently living in Toronto, Canada. I have an opportunity to work in another country so far my choices have been Australia, Brasil and Venezuela. I'm leaning towards brasil because it seems they have a rich culture and I'm orginally from South American (Guyana). My question is does anyone know how hard it is to get a work visa for Brasil? I'd get a job through my Company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 01:38 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,485,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post
I'm currently living in Toronto, Canada. I have an opportunity to work in another country so far my choices have been Australia, Brasil and Venezuela. I'm leaning towards brasil because it seems they have a rich culture and I'm orginally from South American (Guyana). My question is does anyone know how hard it is to get a work visa for Brasil? I'd get a job through my Company.
Your company needs to send an application to the Labour bureau (Ministerio de trabalho) they need to explain why they are going to send you there, and you need to send a copy of your diploma if you possess a degree, otherwise you need to show some proof that you have at least 3 years in this field, you also need to demonstrate that you will earn more in Brazil than what you earnt in your former country, and your enterprise has to assume full responsibility for you, pay the rent and your medical insurance.

Good luck!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM

Damn, thanks for the quick reply. I have a copy of my diploma sitting around. I'll keep you posted on how it flys.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 PM

21 posts, read 58,989 times
What city in Brazil are you going?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:34 PM

2,378 posts, read 7,763,353 times
I worked a contract job in Brazil in the 1990s for a year (telecom network engineering). Most large foreign companies that make large investments in Brazil are allowed to bring in limited numbers of key technical and management people from their home country. These are people that already know the business operations and are needed to get the new operation off the ground and keep it running. This means that the vast majority of people at most foreign owned companies in Brazil get hired from the labor force in Brazil.

Brazilian owned companies are allowed to bring in contract workers for specific time periods (1 year, 2 years) to perform critical skilled jobs that cannot be filled by domestic hiring. The company that is bringing the foreign worker into the country pays the visa fees and provides all the necessary documentation. A really good company does everything for the employee and saves the employee from getting into any red tape with the consulate.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:30 AM

It will be in Lorenz, Brasil. No clue where that is..

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM

21 posts, read 58,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post
It will be in Lorenz, Brasil. No clue where that is..
me neither. No idea where is it, never heard about it

Old 07-25-2008, 05:18 PM

3,161 posts, read 3,826,613 times
well
if you google Lorenz, Br. It shows to be very near Guyana...

welcome home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas