U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:21 PM

573 posts, read 742,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think you have to realise that most americans really seldom think about Brizil. I have visited and liked the people but really don't think much more about it;sorry if that disappoints.
What places did you visit here?? When??

Old 09-28-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I found the worker. What does it mean by service jobs?

Why the reverse Brazilian immigration? Cape Whale?
I saw same kind of articles like this in Brazil's papers. Well, it's the result of actual US economic crisis.
The imagration agents must be happy. Maybe, in the future, someone will recognize the immigrants (legal or illegal) importance. Imigrants from Brazil or another country.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:20 PM

9,072 posts, read 11,973,027 times
Im seeing Salvador right now on TV. looks fun! how long a flight would that be from Rio or SP?
how far is manaus from there?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Im seeing Salvador right now on TV. looks fun! how long a flight would that be from Rio or SP?
how far is manaus from there?
Rio/SP x Salvador = 1 hour 50 min.
Manaus x Salvador = you'll need two flights:
01) Manaus x Belém = 1 hour 40 min and Belém x Salvador = 1 hour 50 min
or
02) Manaus x Rio = 3 hours 20 min and Rio x Salvador: 1 hour 40 min.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 PM

5,058 posts, read 11,439,192 times
Place with the largest roman catholic population in the world.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 PM

725 posts, read 1,271,118 times
I agree on what some people said.
But other than the ones already said, I'll add that its home to the seven wonders of the world.

The Cristo Redentor. Its so high above a mountain.
I'd like to visit it one day !

Old 10-01-2008, 07:34 AM

4,867 posts, read 4,988,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I want to know what the american people know and think about Brazil and Brazilians.
Well I don't know what these other people have been replying so I don't care to reference. I just discovered this post so I'm gonna answer from an american's point of view. I've never really met a russian lol. But from my honest point of view, I think Russia is a very dangerous country. There's too many murder counts and gang affiliations. I would just feel very out of place and unsafe living there. Of course I know some russians are going to object everything I just said (or typed) but I'm just honestly stating how I feel about that.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 AM

3 posts, read 28,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I lived in Brazil for 3 years, and it is true, but, I think there is less racism and racial tensions in Brazil than in the USA, people just mix, most brazilians don't mind where you come from as long as you are nice, and most people mix well into brazilian society after sometime regardless of their origin.

I remember being in a museum in Sao Paulo that celebrated black culture in Brazil, the things I saw there would have caused a ruckus in Political Correct America, but in Brazil it was very normal. Brazil is a very open and carefree society, music and party is a very important part of their lifes, regardless of the region, this is something all brazilians have in common in a very diverse country that is beautiful and different from state to state.

Southern Brazil is simply amazing, the well planned and nice cities enjoy very good services and facilities, they are clean, ordered, have very efficient mass transit systems and have living standards similar to those found in first world countries, specially in the state of Paraná, in the northern states things are different though, specially in the northeastern area (Nordeste) where cities are exactly the opposite, but people nevertheless is very warm and friendly, Brazil is a country that is easy to love, marry a brazilian and spent your life there.
I loved what you said about my country...

Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 PM

9,072 posts, read 11,973,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well I don't know what these other people have been replying so I don't care to reference. I just discovered this post so I'm gonna answer from an american's point of view. I've never really met a russian lol. But from my honest point of view, I think Russia is a very dangerous country. There's too many murder counts and gang affiliations. I would just feel very out of place and unsafe living there. Of course I know some russians are going to object everything I just said (or typed) but I'm just honestly stating how I feel about that.
Russia? We are talking about Brazil here...

Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
I agree on what some people said.
But other than the ones already said, I'll add that its home to the seven wonders of the world.

The Cristo Redentor. Its so high above a mountain.
I'd like to visit it one day !
Come visit us Live Chick. You'll be wellcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas