Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:46 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I want to know what the american people know and think about Brazil and Brazilians.
Ok, without looking...off the top of my head...

Brazil is an enormous country and home to the bulk of the Amazon rain forest.
The nation has issues with overpopulation and distribution of wealth, leading there to be a fair amount of violence. The truly rich get kidnapped, have body-guards etc.

People there tend to be good looking, a mixture of ethnicities. Physical beauty is highly regarded like most places but it is taken a step further in Brazil in that cosmetic surgery is used a lot by women and also men.

Corruption is pretty bad, like it is in parts of the US.

While the US has mucked in South American affairs, it seems that Brazil and other countries in South America have turned to a type of anti-american nationalism, where all of lifes woes and ills is the due to the US. This is being used to distract the population from the failings of their own government. (The US govt. does this too so I'm not picking on Brazil nor being hypocritical)

Old 09-25-2008, 01:21 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
They have produced some of the greatest futbol players, and race car drivers ever. And their citizens seem very proud of their great country.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:34 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,438 times
A bunch of rude people with the highest transexual population in the world. You really have to watch out when you look at women there.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
I'm an American who was so interested in Brazil, I went down there to live and teach English for six months. I lived in Sao Paulo and Rio de Jainero, and also traveled to Iquazu Falls, Curitiba, Salvador, and Brasilia.

I LOVED BRAZIL...the beaches and music of course, but mostly loved the people.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:16 AM

597 posts, read 1,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I'm an American who was so interested in Brazil, I went down there to live and teach English for six months. I lived in Sao Paulo and Rio de Jainero, and also traveled to Iquazu Falls, Curitiba, Salvador, and Brasilia.

I LOVED BRAZIL...the beaches and music of course, but mostly loved the people.
I am happy because you loved Brazil. You will be wellcome ever.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
A bunch of rude people with the highest transexual population in the world. You really have to watch out when you look at women there.
LOL. I always thought this would be Thailand.

Last edited by minibrings; 09-26-2008 at 11:17 AM..

Old 09-26-2008, 02:31 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,438 times
Watch the movie "Touristas". It took place in Brazil. That will give you all the info you need to know when traveling to a 3rd world country.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:41 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times
I'm confused. Why do you want to migrate to the US and live in Texas? I'm not challenging you.. I'm just completely confused. Why is Texas better than Brazil? Also San Francisco is my hometown and I have no idea what you meant previously when you challenged Big Bear. Please explain in a Christian like manner (no personal attack).

----------------------------------------------------------
BRAZILIAN

Moving to texas

I will move (legally) to USA next year. I am brazilian, white, and I intend to live in Texas, preferentially in a small city. I like simple things.
My life plan is to buy a house (simple) to live and a heavy truck to work like owner truck driver.
I choice Texas because many people say in Texas has many baptist and I am baptist. Is it true?
I would like know how the texans see the foreing? Anyone can help with informations or sugestions?

Last edited by minibrings; 09-26-2008 at 03:12 PM..

Old 09-26-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I'm confused. Why do you want to migrate to the US and live in Texas?
You might be happier back in Brazil! I'm not challenging you.. I'm just completely confused. Why is Texas better than Brazil. From what you are constantly saying, Brazil seems like paradise to you! Im not attacking you I am just confused by the contradiction between loving and thinking Brasil is the best to wanting to leave it for Texas.

BRAZILIAN
42 posts, read 7,047 times

Moving to texas
Hi,

I will move (legally) to USA next year. I am brazilian, white, and I intend to live in Texas, preferentially in a small city. I like simple things.
My life plan is to buy a house (simple) to live and a heavy truck to work like owner truck driver.
I choice Texas because many people say in Texas has many baptist and I am baptist. Is it true?
I would like know how the texans see the foreing? Anyone can help with informations or sugestions?
You don't need be confuse. I am intending move to Texas because I have several relatives living there (cousins, one brother, one sister and brother in law, every legally) I was there in 1995 (Houston) and I loved. Will be a life's new experience to me because I love to know new places, new cultures and new people. But with all troubles (Bear Stearns, Fannie Mae & Fredie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merryl Linch) happen with the US economy right now I am not sure. I think I will prefer leave my "little money" here.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I'm confused. Why do you want to migrate to the US and live in Texas? I'm not challenging you.. I'm just completely confused. Why is Texas better than Brazil? Also San Francisco is my hometown and I have no idea what you meant previously when you challenged Big Bear. Please explain in a Christian like manner (no personal attack).

BRAZILIAN

Moving to texas

About San Francisco,CA: I am not against San Francisco or against californians. But all the world know that San Francisco is the "paradise", "the Meca", of homossexuals, transexuals, and all kinds of "diferents" sexuals movements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas