Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 PM

597 posts, read 1,297,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well I don't know what these other people have been replying so I don't care to reference. I just discovered this post so I'm gonna answer from an american's point of view. I've never really met a russian lol. But from my honest point of view, I think Russia is a very dangerous country. There's too many murder counts and gang affiliations. I would just feel very out of place and unsafe living there. Of course I know some russians are going to object everything I just said (or typed) but I'm just honestly stating how I feel about that.
My friend,
BRAZIL is not RUSSIA. Brazil is country of south america, Russia is another continent. The people from Brazil are Brazilians, from Russia are Russians.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Come visit us Live Chick. You'll be wellcome.
Thanks for the invite. I've been studying Portuguese for 3-4 months now.
I had no clue Brazilian Portuguese was as different as it is, from Portugal Portuguese. I had to get a new book.

As soon as I get better in the language, I'll visit. First stop is Cristo Redentor !!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
My friend,
BRAZIL is not RUSSIA. Brazil is country of south america, Russia is another continent. The people from Brazil are Brazilians, from Russia are Russians.
Oh ok I'm sorry!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh ok I'm sorry!
I'm sure you just got some threads crossed and that you know the difference between Brazilians and Russians.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
Quote:
I want to know what the american people know and think about Brazil and Brazilians.
They like to wear very little clothing and like to dance and party. You can't forget the brazilian bikini wax, nudity and dancing, beauty pageants and gorgeous people. Dr. Rey is from there.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
They like to wear very little clothing and like to dance and party. You can't forget the brazilian bikini wax, nudity and dancing, beauty pageants and gorgeous people. Dr. Rey is from there.
Our country is a tropical country. We have sun and summer during all year.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:54 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,287,734 times
I think Brazil is powerful and an upcoming country, that is ignored by much of the world.

I know Brazil speaks Portuguese, and the Capital is Brasila, and the Largest city is Sao Paulo...
and I know Brazilians have a very diverse look, and quite a few of them Speak spanish.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
I think Brazil is powerful and an upcoming country, that is ignored by much of the world.

I know Brazil speaks Portuguese, and the Capital is Brasila, and the Largest city is Sao Paulo...
and I know Brazilians have a very diverse look, and quite a few of them Speak spanish.
Only Brazil in south america speak portuguese. The others countries around us speak spanish.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:56 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Only Brazil in south america speak portuguese. The others countries around us speak spanish.
He was saying there are many bilingual people in Brazil, which means they speak both Portuguese and Spanish. Not that your neighbors speak Portuguese. English can be tricky.

You do have 3 neighboring countries where Spanish is not the lingua franca -- French Guiana, Suriname (Dutch) and Guyana (English). The rest of your neighbors are Spanish speaking countries.

Last edited by minibrings; 10-03-2008 at 11:05 AM..

Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
He was saying there are many bilingual people in Brazil, which means they speak both Portuguese and Spanish. Not that your neighbors speak Portuguese. English can be tricky.

You do have 3 neighboring countries where Spanish is not the lingua franca -- French Guiana, Suriname (Dutch) and Guyana (English). The rest of your neighbors are Spanish speaking countries.
Yeeeesssss! Forgive my geographic imperfection about Guyanas and my tricky english. The people from cities of border line speak both Portuguese and Spanish.
P.S.: You're GOOD!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas