Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times

Advertisements

THANKS BRAZILIAN! My Mom who was a linguist told me English has a lot of rules that can make it difficult to learn..

I've met lots of Brazilians who also speak Spanish.. but like you said many were from the border states.. I wonder if Brazilians by Suriname speak Dutch or Papiemento?..

PS did you know McCain had a brazilian g/f?
http://www.miamiherald.com/americas_conference/story/711991.html (broken link)

Last edited by minibrings; 10-03-2008 at 03:54 PM..

Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I want to know what the american people know and think about Brazil and Brazilians.
Oh I got new information on Brazil! The RIGHT info! I love it! I want to go there some day! Also I love the fact that there are black people actually from Brazil! I'm black american so I never really thought black people are originally from anywhere besides the U.S. or South Africa or Africa. That's so cool! To just think I could walk around a foreign country and be accepted all cool and normal like America!! I mean I have desires to go to other countries like South Korea and China but I know i'll get looks! I've been to France and was treated normal but I still felt foreign. I think if I went to Brazil I would feel okay just because I know other black ppl actually lived and was born there and has generations of family.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 PM

The Portuguese brought Africans to Brazil as slaves. Several million were brought over. But slaves were also brought to other South American countries and the Carribbean, not just Brazil. In fact, Haiti is the oldest black republic in the western hemisphere. You will find people of African descent in many countries, not just the US, Africa and Europe. And in many parts of Asia africans aren't really stared at any more.. people are used to seeing them.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:36 PM

597 posts, read 1,297,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
THANKS BRAZILIAN! My Mom who was a linguist told me English has a lot of rules that can make it difficult to learn..

I've met lots of Brazilians who also speak Spanish.. but like you said many were from the border states.. I wonder if Brazilians by Suriname speak Dutch or Papiemento?..

PS did you know McCain had a brazilian g/f?
Old flame cited as part of McCain's Latin experience | MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/americas_conference/story/711991.html - broken link)
Hi minibrings,
I agree your mother. I'm trying learn english a long time and I never be good. I have many difficulties. Some day perhaps I'll win. I don't know nothing about the Suriname x Brazil border specifically. I never was there because is a remote area in the amazon forest. I was many time in Brazil x French Guyana and Brazil x Guyana borders and the people from there speak portuguese and french and portuguese and english, I am quite sure of it. In the border's city of French Guyana (Saint George) together French, they speak a dialect called "creole" too. I think is a mix of french and african words. The majority of people from Guyana, Suriname and French Guyana is black.
About McCain brazilian g/f I was read about it. I hope if he became USA President, he remember this good moment in his life and treat Brazil "softly".

Old 10-04-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh I got new information on Brazil! The RIGHT info! I love it! I want to go there some day! Also I love the fact that there are black people actually from Brazil! I'm black american so I never really thought black people are originally from anywhere besides the U.S. or South Africa or Africa. That's so cool! To just think I could walk around a foreign country and be accepted all cool and normal like America!! I mean I have desires to go to other countries like South Korea and China but I know i'll get looks! I've been to France and was treated normal but I still felt foreign. I think if I went to Brazil I would feel okay just because I know other black ppl actually lived and was born there and has generations of family.
You'll be wellcome here ever. No make diference if you are black, white, yellow, red, muslim, jew, etc... I am sure you'll feel very happy here. Brazil has a big black population and has not racism or discrimination. Everybody are treated how friends here. The city of Salvador, capital of state of Bahia, is the most black city of world out Africa.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Hi minibrings,
I agree your mother. I'm trying learn english a long time and I never be good. I have many difficulties. Some day perhaps I'll win. I don't know nothing about the Suriname x Brazil border specifically. I never was there because is a remote area in the amazon forest. I was many time in Brazil x French Guyana and Brazil x Guyana borders and the people from there speak portuguese and french and portuguese and english, I am quite sure of it. In the border's city of French Guyana (Saint George) together French, they speak a dialect called "creole" too. I think is a mix of french and african words. The majority of people from Guyana, Suriname and French Guyana is black.
About McCain brazilian g/f I was read about it. I hope if he became USA President, he remember this good moment in his life and treat Brazil "softly".
Have you been in French Guiana? As per who wins, I want the best person, not just the person who is the best kisser (as per his girlfriend).

Old 10-20-2008, 08:45 PM

I learned something new today about Brazil and confederates that moved there after the civil war:

Introduction (http://www.comm.unt.edu/histofperf/tonyspenser/introduction_page.htm - broken link)
Confederate Colonies of Brazil
Confederados - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Post civil war reconstruction and confederate immigration to Brazil
http://www.lonestarlegacies.org/earl...rados-t383.htm

Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I learned something new today about Brazil and confederates that moved there after the civil war:

Introduction (http://www.comm.unt.edu/histofperf/tonyspenser/introduction_page.htm - broken link)
Confederate Colonies of Brazil
Confederados - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Post civil war reconstruction and confederate immigration to Brazil
http://www.lonestarlegacies.org/earl...rados-t383.htm
Yes you're right. The americans that moved to Brazil after civil war they establish in state of São Paulo. Today the place has the name of Americana. (city of Americana) Its far 150 km from capital of state.(more or less) Every years they make a confederate celebration with foods,musics and typically dressed. In this place has a exclusive cemetery where are the first americans who died in Brazil.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:18 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Brazil is the loudest place in the world. Shops set up speakers the size of VWs to blast announcements about their specials. You can't walk near it without risking permanant hearing loss. Also, loud-speaker trucks cah be hired to drive through the streets blaring advertising announcements. I actually saw several that had an auxiliary Cummings diesel engine mounted on the back of the truck to drive the speakers, amps and flashing lights.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Brazil is the loudest place in the world. Shops set up speakers the size of VWs to blast announcements about their specials. You can't walk near it without risking permanant hearing loss. Also, loud-speaker trucks cah be hired to drive through the streets blaring advertising announcements. I actually saw several that had an auxiliary Cummings diesel engine mounted on the back of the truck to drive the speakers, amps and flashing lights.
What state of Brazil did you know??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas