Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:15 PM

25 posts, read 78,785 times

Advertisements

hahahah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 01:17 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
Anchorage is Not fun!!!!!!!!

I'm a gay white man (40ish hehehe) and I've been up here almost a year now and I can't hook up with anybody. I've done everything I'm supposed to like drive a Prius with Obama 2008 and rainbow stickers on the bumper. I even had a rainbow flag on the front door of my apartment, until the neighbors complained to the manager, and had to take it down. NOBODY GETS THE MESSAGE!

I wave to cute guys as I drive by all the time and I always strike up conversations with guys I think might be 'on the hunt' -but no takers.

Any advice would be appreciated. Am I too aggressive, in the wrong city, wrong strategy?

Also, I don't do clubs or bars- too many wierdos. Please help- I'm NOT having fun

You might want to start a new thread but I can tell you I saw plenty of gay couples while working at the Alaska Mill and Feed. Get a dog and go hang out there.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsdrivein View Post
I don't believe? I don't have any affiliation with the military. Is that a requirement?
Yeah, you have to have military ID. Sorry.

I'm not aware of anything REALLY cheap anywhere in Anchorage. There are a few hostels here but again, they are not going to be $5 a night.

There are some homeless camps in Russian Jack park and also Valley of the Moon Park. With you wanting to be within city limits you are really putting a lot of limitations on where you can stay.

Maybe if you extend your area to include some out of town land, you can hang out in Real Alaska and enjoy your summers here.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 PM

854 posts, read 1,978,218 times
i'm sure that some googling will help you find the places to hang out. there are some in anchorage, a couple of bars at least.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:21 PM

339 posts, read 729,004 times
That's it- ship creek. I stayed there last summer. People there were friendly, but it definitely ain't a "nice" campground. The sites were very small, and there were a few homeless guys kind of sneaking through every now and then. Creeped me out a little bit, I wouldn't do too much walking around in the area. But you can't beat the price (I remember it being around $10/night with electrical hookups last May) or the location. It's definitely your best bet if you want to stay in town cheap.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 PM

14 posts, read 32,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Berkeley: Still Fun?

You trolls should try staying under your bridges.
YOU are a homophobe. Stop H8ing and get with the program

Old 02-17-2011, 03:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
No, you're a troll. You posted the exact same thing in the Berkeley forum.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:28 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Quote:
Anchorage is Not fun!!!!!!!!

I'm a gay white man (40ish hehehe) and I've been up here almost a year now and I can't hook up with anybody. I've done everything I'm supposed to like drive a Prius with Obama 2008 and rainbow stickers on the bumper. I even had a rainbow flag on the front door of my apartment, until the neighbors complained to the manager, and had to take it down. NOBODY GETS THE MESSAGE!

I wave to cute guys as I drive by all the time and I always strike up conversations with guys I think might be 'on the hunt' -but no takers.

Any advice would be appreciated. Am I too aggressive, in the wrong city, wrong strategy?

Also, I don't do clubs or bars- too many wierdos. Please help- I'm NOT having fun
what's this got to do with the OP's question of free camping areas???

Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Blue....same troll post in the Berkeley forum. Mommy and Daddy must be down with the flu or some such.

Berkeley: Still Fun?

Quote:
11 posts, read 403 times
Berkeley is Not fun!!!!!!!!

I'm a gay white man (40ish hehehe) and I've been here almost a year now and I can't hook up with anybody. I've done everything I'm supposed to like drive a Prius with Obama 2008 and rainbow stickers on the bumper. I even had a rainbow flag on the front door of my apartment, until the neighbors complained to the manager, and had to take it down. NOBODY GETS THE MESSAGE!

Also, I don't do clubs or bars- too many wierdos. Please help- I'm not having fun

Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
You should stop lying. Spending the same year in Alaska and California is quite some trick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage