Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 PM

811 posts, read 1,307,633 times

Advertisements

Here is some weird stuff I found on it.

GA sex offender found in Alaska posing as private investigator

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) -
A former Georgia man and twice-convicted sex offender, who had been exposed by CBS Atlanta for doing jobs he's not allowed to do, has been found posing as a private investigator in Alaska.
KTVA reported that John Bacon offered his expertise to help find a missing 18-year-old woman in Anchorage. Police said Samantha Koenig was kidnapped from a coffee stand earlier this month.

GA sex offender found in Alaska posing as private investigator - CBS Atlanta 46

John Bacon CHILD MOLESTER FELON CRIMINAL. Re: Samantha Koenig’s abduction missing kidnap | Maagg (http://maagg.com/john-bacon-child-molester-felon-criminal-re-samantha-koenigs-abduction-missing-kidnap/ - broken link)

Two Weeks Since Samantha Koenig's Disappearance, APD Says It's Making Progress - Local News - Anchorage, AK - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46416405/ns/local_news-anchorage_ak/t/two-weeks-samantha-koenigs-disappearance-apd-says-its-making-progress/ - broken link)

Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,492,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) -
A former Georgia man and twice-convicted sex offender, who had been exposed by CBS Atlanta for doing jobs he's not allowed to do, has been found posing as a private investigator in Alaska.
KTVA reported that John Bacon offered his expertise to help find a missing 18-year-old woman in Anchorage. Police said Samantha Koenig was kidnapped from a coffee stand earlier this month.

John Bacon CHILD MOLESTER FELON CRIMINAL. Re: Samantha Koenig’s abduction missing kidnap | Maagg (http://maagg.com/john-bacon-child-molester-felon-criminal-re-samantha-koenigs-abduction-missing-kidnap/ - broken link)

Two Weeks Since Samantha Koenig's Disappearance, APD Says It's Making Progress - Local News - Anchorage, AK - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46416405/ns/local_news-anchorage_ak/t/two-weeks-samantha-koenigs-disappearance-apd-says-its-making-progress/ - broken link)

Geeze if that doesn't sound like a red herring!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,748,051 times
Misinformation - yup !!

This just doesn't sound right in too many different aspects.

Right now the less said, the better and hope for the best.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,097,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) -

Does anyone else think that this guy could be guilty of kidnapping Samantha, and offered his services as a detective because he is a sick ----. I have heard of cases similar. I am not from there, but I share the concern of females every where, we are far to vulnerable, far too often. I sure hope that She is found safe.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,846,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Does anyone else think that this guy could be guilty of kidnapping Samantha, and offered his services as a detective because he is a sick ----. I have heard of cases similar. I am not from there, but I share the concern of females every where, we are far to vulnerable, far too often. I sure hope that She is found safe.
Yes, I've read that serial killers and the like often try to interject themselves into the investigation.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:52 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,492,259 times
Decades ago when I was a police officer, when every we had a fire, Protocal had us go around to the crowds that came to see the fire and take pictures of the crowd's faces there. Arsons would almost always come back to watch the fire, then a couple of times would try to act as if they could be of asistance in tracking the "Arson" down. But if you had a lot of fires, the same guy was at most of them.

Predators will quite often come back to where the victim is located to see if anyone was there and to relive the experiance. They will also give false clues in an attempt to throw investigators off the trail.

This guy may have caught himself, sadly they need to find the victim.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 PM

740 posts, read 1,967,759 times
Any latest news on Samantha? I pray they find her alive.

They should just post the damn video. There is a decent chance someone might recognize her abductor based on his mannerisms etc.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:18 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,846,924 times
There was a big fundraiser for the reward fund the other day. Last time I checked, the reward fund was at 60 or 70K. The fundraiser link was posted on a news station on Facebook. Some commenters were wondering what happens to the money and why it needed to be so large because it was already a huge amount of money and it seemed like if someone were holding back information to get more money, they would have already come forward. Other posters said that was a negative attitude.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,372,830 times
I wonder how they're going to find her body with all that snow up there.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,748,051 times
I seriously doubt she is dead. It makes more sense that she just upped and ran away. The kidnapping was a 'ruse'. I much rather think of that senario; than to conjure up thoughts of her violent demise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage