Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonhead View Post
Is "typical" more comfortable for you than "normal", DC? Typically there will be more snow on the ground than there is right now. Here in Anchorage people are used to being able to x-country ski by now, because typically there is enough snow coverage, and it's disappointing when it doesn't happen.

I know very few people who will complain about having snow in March, let alone after the New Year. Winter sports are a well-loved affair here.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to nitpick?

Would have been nice if last years winter could have saved some of that record snowfall for this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,204 times
Default java

If he's that bad, then why did so many of you become involved with him in the first place? This thread is turning into a therapy session for bitter missyae ex-groupies who got their feelings hurt and still want to cry about it. Let me know when you guys have unburdened yourselves of these sob stories so we can get back on topic.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM

287 posts, read 598,877 times
lol

Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,921 times
In 2003 the Iditarod restart was in Fairbanks because there was not enough snow south of the Alaska Range. It was a combination of less than NORMAL snowfall and warmer than NORMAL tempratures.

Fairbanks race restart official | 2003 Iditarod 31 : Features | ADN.com

Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 AM

2,758 posts, read 5,287,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbrewmeister View Post
There is no such thing as "NORMAL" as far as mother nature is concerned...

"NORMAL WEATHER" is a man-made phrase.
Take it up with NOAA, which uses the word "normal" in their data reporting. According to them, by the way, we are now 20 inches low for the month and 30 inches low for the season, compared with "normal" values.

Last edited by tigre79; 11-29-2012 at 01:34 AM..

Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukethedumpsterdroese View Post
If he's that bad, then why did so many of you become involved with him in the first place? This thread is turning into a therapy session for bitter missyae ex-groupies who got their feelings hurt and still want to cry about it. Let me know when you guys have unburdened yourselves of these sob stories so we can get back on topic.

Right church...wrong pew.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,751,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonhead View Post
Winter sports are a well-loved affair here.
How true! At the same time, if I had a $1K for every time the groomed ski trails in town have been ruined due to ice rain, branches from high winds, warming/freezing spells, etc. I'd be a millionaire LOL. One must either get used to Anchorage's fickle weather or suffer lots of disappointments.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 AM

96 posts, read 221,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
How true! At the same time, if I had a $1K for every time the groomed ski trails in town have been ruined due to ice rain, branches from high winds, warming/freezing spells, etc. I'd be a millionaire LOL. One must either get used to Anchorage's fickle weather or suffer lots of disappointments.
So would that be normal or typical weather behavior? this current weather is a drag, whatever it is.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 AM

65 posts, read 218,960 times
Ive spent many winters in Alaska. Girdwood for one. Every winter is different. last year tons of snow , great skiing and everyone loved it.(almost everyone) year before.. not so much snow. Some winters lots and lots of rain and it turns everything into a ice rink

Alaska is what it is. Love it or leave it as they say in Girdwood~

Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
In 2003 the Iditarod restart was in Fairbanks because there was not enough snow south of the Alaska Range. It was a combination of less than NORMAL snowfall and warmer than NORMAL tempratures.

Fairbanks race restart official | 2003 Iditarod 31 : Features | ADN.com

I remember that. My kids took a field trip up to Fairbanks from Delta Junction to watch the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage