Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 04:38 PM

35 posts, read 40,890 times

Advertisements

WEll I hope I know what I am doing ,is someting I have been studing and learning about my whole life I am 54 years old done just about everything there is to do with construction the outdoors done all kinds of survial treks,while most people are in front of a TV I am playing in a snow caveI haven`t had a TV for 5 years ,never owned a cell phone I have cheated death a few times learned from it LOL who knows I might be coming up there to feed the bears
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 04:43 PM

I do know that while Alaska is beautiful it can also be the most deadly place on earth

Old 03-08-2014, 04:45 PM

I am under no illisons that this is going to be easy will proably be my life greatest challenge

Old 03-09-2014, 12:41 PM

33 posts, read 35,448 times
Hi OBM I thought your thread was very interesting and I wanted to say good luck to you.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:17 PM

Thank you FIMP I am sure I will need it

Old 03-10-2014, 11:56 AM

284 posts, read 404,859 times
Hey old bison--a small story not pertaining to a trapline but..so, I have a driveway that a guy thinks is a road to get to his rear entry to his house about 80 yds away. Its a private driveway. I don't like the fact that he doesn't respect private property but I haven't blocked it off beyond where we park our rig, which I have every right to do. Recently, we had a bit of a decent snowfall here and this fellow had the nerve to come over and ask me when I was going to maintain "the road." That didn't go over so good. He has been going up and down a driveway clearly marked private property and he got stuck cause he doesn't have a 4-wheel drive. As nicely as I could, I told him to call a tow truck and read the signs posted and left it at that cause I sure as hell wasn't gonna pull him out. Not sure if the guy is just stupid or blatantly arrogant. And yes, he is not from here nor lived in AK. before and does have ample parking up above in front of his house. Food for thought.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 PM

looks like to me you need to put up a gate , but as far as me trespassing on on private land or take anothers trappers line I won`t do but surely lake Totek is not trapped in all 16 directions is it?

Old 03-10-2014, 07:19 PM

either put up a gate or have a serious talk I did not say I was going to take someones trap line , most of the guys that trap there is proabley thier living. for me I just want for personal use ,hell they can come by and eat my donuts and maybe I buy a few hides from them

Old 03-10-2014, 07:35 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,518,260 times
rntim - That there's a funny story... Might be a little different if he asked if he could use it in the first place, second, if he asked if he could help clear it, too.

At least that is what I would have done- having common sense. I don't think you have to be from Alaska for that to have been common sense.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:39 PM

as I said before I am not coming to Alaska to make money ,I am coming to live remote to cure this want in me that has been there forever .I would have done it 20 to 30 years ago . but I had responsiablity to kids and family. All my kids are gone now ,is time for me l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage