U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2014, 05:30 PM
 
3 posts, read 31,976 times
Reputation: 60

Advertisements

Don't come here like I did. It was a horrible decision coming here.

Anchorage is a little dinky town with nothing to do but drink. It's more of a suburb than a real city.

If you are young/in your 20s, single, or both, you will most likely be bored and alone. Nonexistent dating scene. If you are a female especially, 80% of the guys are drunk seedy creeps. The other 20% are married.

The "outdoor activities" everyone brags about get REAL OLD REAL QUICK! Going snow machining is ok the first couple times. Woohoo. Not a place to move if you want to go to concerts or any cool events. Move to Anchorage if all you are planning on doing to staying inside all the time.

Food is ...horrible.

And if you have any pets, you have to keep them indoors all the time or else a wolf pack can get them.

I will admit the lights in the sky are cool, but really, are pretty lights really worth the loneliness, isolation, and bad food? NO.

I tried to like Anchorage, I really did. But I'm done. Sorry guys, just being honest. I'm planning to move to Cali, Bay area. The "Last Frontier" should be your last resort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2014, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Seattle Area
1,716 posts, read 1,586,747 times
Reputation: 4125
little dinky lol. Little dinky is like 100 people. Anchorage is a city. What were you expecting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 07:20 PM
 
26,160 posts, read 15,346,549 times
Reputation: 17235
And its QUITE COLD there almost all year! (Not many ppl like those conditions that long)


Welcome to City-data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 07:33 PM
 
3 posts, read 31,976 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
little dinky lol. Little dinky is like 100 people. Anchorage is a city. What were you expecting?
San Francisco is a city. New York is a city. Houston is a city. Anchorage is not a real city.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
And its QUITE COLD there almost all year! (Not many ppl like those conditions that long)


Welcome to City-data

Freezing cold! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Airports all over the world
6,150 posts, read 6,319,318 times
Reputation: 100620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorama View Post
80% of the guys are drunk seedy creeps. The other 20% are married.
I have never been married. So I guess I must have been a drunk seedy creep. That would explain a lot of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
7,311 posts, read 12,193,498 times
Reputation: 6131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorama View Post
San Francisco is a city. New York is a city. Houston is a city. Anchorage is not a real city.





Freezing cold! Thank you!
These places are cesspools of humanity. Anchorage actually has everything that you are looking for but said you couldn't find. I'd like to here more about this roaming wolf pack that eats dogs that are left outside. I've got a couple of neighbors that have dogs that bark at anything and everything. I'd like to entice that wolf pack to visit them.

And outdoor activities in New York City? Ain't that a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
3,843 posts, read 3,805,894 times
Reputation: 3074
I'm single and I don't drink. With your attitude I'm sure you'll be miserable anywhere you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 PM
 
3 posts, read 31,976 times
Reputation: 60
Please explain how they are cesspools?

Wynternight I'm a miserable person because I don't like your city? Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 10:35 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
3,843 posts, read 3,805,894 times
Reputation: 3074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorama View Post
Please explain how they are cesspools?

Wynternight I'm a miserable person because I don't like your city? Huh?
I think your attitude is going to follow you wherever you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2014, 10:35 PM
 
Location: brooklyn, new york, USA
895 posts, read 927,429 times
Reputation: 1300
nyc is an immigrant cesspool where hardly anyone speaks english (enjoy trying to communicate with those pakistani and bangladeshi guys in your cab ride) outside of the red/square state transplants from the midwest (hipsters) and everyone is trying to trick you out of your money. you are always putting up a defense and hate crimes are a plenty here. enjoy this one from a day ago:

Woman hit in head with pellet gun in alleged hate crime while walking through Central Park: police - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top