Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 AM

635 posts, read 1,654,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
No, we're not sad. Just tired of people that are lookin' for the free ride. Why even ask about that? Why not ask about important stuff first??????????
Ok ...I seem to have gotten a different understanding of his post. HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE PFD but wants to know how he falls as a resident since he (not wife) will stays only 3 days a week but he will keep his Alaska airlines job from another state rather than transfer. Can he or can't be a resident while holding on to his out of state job? Can wife be resident and him not be considered one since they are married?

I really think he just wanted to understand how is situation with fall under "residency" and does not care about the PFD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Why even worry about residency then? What's the point?

Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Why even worry about residency then? What's the point?
I don't know I'm assuming he may be limited on somethings he can or cannot do. Maybe its a curiosity question. Can only one person in a household be eligible for the fund if their married? See...now I'm curious

Nevermind...I'll go back to my corner now

Old 10-13-2011, 01:23 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
He hasn't even moved here yet as you haven't. Once he was here he could have found out. That was his only question; none of the usual someone asks when moving here. Believe me we understood him correctly.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM

If he would have asked how long he had to live here to be considered a "resident" so he could get a "resident" hunting or fishing license that would have been different. But his first question was about the "PFD".

Old 10-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
If he would have asked how long he had to live here to be considered a "resident" so he could get a "resident" hunting or fishing license that would have been different. But his first question was about the "PFD".
Ok....Gotchya

Old 10-13-2011, 02:52 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
I don't know I'm assuming he may be limited on somethings he can or cannot do. Maybe its a curiosity question. Can only one person in a household be eligible for the fund if their married? See...now I'm curious

Nevermind...I'll go back to my corner now
Every member of a household who meets the residency requirements is eligible for a PFD. However, there are multiple definitions of "resident" for a whole slew of different programs - PFD, Hunting/Fishing Lic, Driver Lic, etc. They all have different requirements. It can be quite confusing.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Every member of a household who meets the residency requirements is eligible for a PFD. However, there are multiple definitions of "resident" for a whole slew of different programs - PFD, Hunting/Fishing Lic, Driver Lic, etc. They all have different requirements. It can be quite confusing.
Thank you...it sounds confusing

Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,387 times
i am an indian and wish to settle in alaska with my family. kindly help me with all the details about the same to get a legal citizenship of alaska , for an indian origin family.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snunes View Post
i am an indian and wish to settle in alaska with my family. kindly help me with all the details about the same to get a legal citizenship of alaska , for an indian origin family.
Since Indians are US Citizens I don't think you will have a problem. What tribe do you belong to??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage