U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 AM
 
25,085 posts, read 8,543,127 times
Reputation: 41589
Red face Church and Ethnicity in Anchorage

Are there any black people in Alaska? If so which city has the most diversifed population? What about churches especially in Anchorage? What are some of the names of the bigest and most well known? Are there any charasmatic churches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2007, 03:40 AM
 
27 posts, read 91,293 times
Reputation: 29
Default About Anchorage

Try these links. The first link gives an ethnicity breakdown.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Anchorage-Alaska.html

http://www.muni.org/homepage/index.cfm

http://www.anchorage.net/442.cfm

I lived in Anchorage for a very short time before buying a place in Funny River. I have traveled all the major cities in the US. I feel Anchorage has a much different (nicer) atmosphere than other large cities (I grew up in Mesa). There is a broader spectrum of different ethnic groups than the website above describes. Anybody can find comfortable living in Anchorage. I can not comment about churches.

http://www.urth1999.com/citydata/ahpunanchorage.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 PM
 
35 posts, read 231,813 times
Reputation: 38
That link is interesting - first one I've seen where the female population is less than the men! How cool is that !? However, the percentage of those living in poverty is 9% - that concerns me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Naptowne, Alaska
14,872 posts, read 24,713,208 times
Reputation: 13040
Less females than men is not cool! It's a drag really. My area is kind of rural and decent single women are scarce. Sure there are bar flies...but it's not what I look for.
I don't know of anyone living in poverty in my area. Maybe some of the villages or remote communities, or in or near the bigger cities of Anchorage or Fairbanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2007, 04:46 PM
 
25,085 posts, read 8,543,127 times
Reputation: 41589
Hey I think it is way cool to have more women than men in population. If only 9% are living in poverty how about the other 91%? Sounds promising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Naptowne, Alaska
14,872 posts, read 24,713,208 times
Reputation: 13040
Yeah but we don't have more women than men here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2007, 12:07 AM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,739 posts, read 5,423,169 times
Reputation: 1849
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Are there any black people in Alaska? If so which city has the most diversifed population? What about churches especially in Anchorage? What are some of the names of the bigest and most well known? Are there any charasmatic churches?
Yes, there are black people in Alaska, especially Anchorage. Anchorage is the most diversified city in Alaska, with representation of just about all ethnic groups. There are A LOT of churches in Anchorage. Biggest: Anchorage Baptist Temple (2000 +/-), Abbot Loop Christian Center (charismatic w/1000 +/-), Anchorage City Church (charismatic, 500 +/-) (numbers are my best guess...I might be off a little)
You can probably find all three on the internet if you do a Google search. There are dozens of smaller churches. Hope this helps.

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top