U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 AM

16,027 posts, read 15,844,003 times

Advertisements

Yes...we have a black person who has lived on our island for about twenty years now.. He isn't black any more at all, his skin has lost most of it's pigment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:18 AM

400 posts, read 146,872 times
omg, i'm laughing my ass off metlakatla, good one!

Same is happening here, the black persons I know here just keep losing their pigmentation from lack of sun in Canada. Soon they will be all caucasian.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 AM

5,109 posts, read 5,293,768 times
Okay wow you guys are cool.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 AM

470 posts, read 588,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit4Life View Post
Hello Im just conducting research about african americans in states with low percentages of AA's. Where do AA's live in Anchorage? Are they chill? Are they wild/ghetto? are they classy? Are they respected and treated well? Im just doing research.
Are you serious?
Wouldn't a more intelligent question just have been "Can somebody tell me about the African-American community (as it is ) in Alaska?"
Without all the "wild/ghetto" & "classy" nonsense?

Obviously there are Blacks in Alaska thanks to the military bases and the jobs. Whether they are just living their lives or have formed a community (or communities) is up to them,isn't it?

Would you ask White Americans how they'd act in Alaska? Nice and calm or "Nascar and hillbilly-ish?"

Old 05-31-2010, 05:02 PM

103 posts, read 166,596 times
That's funny - we went to Clam Gulch this weekend and I saw my first Alaskan whites that could be classified as "Nascar and hillbilly-ish" - I thought we had left those types back in Texas.

Blacks here do not tend to be wild/ghetto. Sorry, but I need a definition of 'chill'. I guess that leaves "classy" - yes, the blacks I have run into fit that group best.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:18 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,132,815 times
23,000 blacks in Alaska in 2008.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:46 PM

132 posts, read 138,731 times
Default blacks

I would imagine that it depends on how they were raised. White Nascar tobacco spitting hillbillies typically are not the off-spring of well educated white people.

Personally, I don't want to live around ghetto whites, blacks, hispanics or any other type of person like that.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS57 View Post
That's funny - we went to Clam Gulch this weekend and I saw my first Alaskan whites that could be classified as "Nascar and hillbilly-ish" - I thought we had left those types back in Texas.

Blacks here do not tend to be wild/ghetto. Sorry, but I need a definition of 'chill'. I guess that leaves "classy" - yes, the blacks I have run into fit that group best.
Nascar and hillbilly-ish....I resemble that remark and take offense thank you!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:53 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit4Life View Post
Well Im african-american myself and considering we have high numbers of ghetto African americans here Im wondering if it is the same way even in areas where the black population is low. Im researching areas with low African-american populations and learning more about where the live do they stick together and whether or not they act like some of the stereotypical black people like we do in most major american cities unfortunately.....but thats another convo....
well now Detroit4Life...you just stay in your above the "getto" African-american counterparts lifestyle and look down your nose assuming that there are "wide/ghetto" negro people...no I am not black and you are showing your arrogance in your supposed study of black people.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:09 AM

14,943 posts, read 25,051,891 times
Default Word...

I chill in my ghetto, which is sort of in the wild, spittin snus, whilst I watch NASCAR! True dat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage