Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 04:30 PM

55 posts, read 194,946 times

Advertisements

ANY INFO. ABOUT ADRIAN, MI. High school preference...Tecumseh or Adrian? Also initially thinking of renting....are there any options to rent condos or homes? What apartments/areas are good---clean, newer, reasonable rent fee? How about the area for family----teenagers--things to do? Again, ANY info. would be much appreciated! THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 11:02 PM

10 posts, read 18,211 times
Well since this thread is a month old this may not even be relevant anymore but I will go ahead and answer anyway.

I graduated from Adrian High about a decade back. When I was there I thought the education was pathetic but now that I've been out in the real world for a while, I see that it really wasn't that bad at all. By now a lot of the teachers I had should be retired but I would be surprised if the culture wasn't still there. I never really heard anything bad about Tecumseh schools either. Really, you should just stay away from Lenawee Christian. They had, by far, the highest reports of drug use of schools in the area. If you live in Adrian, you may as well just go to the Adrian schools. I wouldn't want to deal with the commute to Tecumseh in the winter. There are probably a few less bad apples in the classrooms in Tecumseh but not enough to really matter.

For living I would look on the west side. Personally I like the area around Adrian College and Scott St. The area around the high school and Springbrook Middle School is pretty good as well. The airport section isn't bad either though it can seem inconvenient. If you are moving from a more expensive area and have some spending money, the Lenawee Hills area is nice.

Rent should be reasonable and accessible all over town. I don't know what you are doing for work but that town is in a bad place right now. I recently saw my old house that I grew up in for sale less than my parents paid for it in 1995 or 96. I would think a decent number of people moving out would rent their houses for a little while until the housing market turns around a little bit just so they don't lose quite so much.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:16 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly TNT View Post
Really, you should just stay away from Lenawee Christian. They had, by far, the highest reports of drug use of schools in the area.
Could you please post a link or links as a source for this information? I assume that you have hard data to back this up, and I would like to see it. I have no connection whatsoever to Lenawee Christian School, but I hate to see any school slandered without factual evidence presented to back it up. Without legitimate proof, comments like yours are simply inflammatory hearsay.

I look forward to seeing your link(s).

Old 11-28-2011, 12:19 PM

10 posts, read 18,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Could you please post a link or links as a source for this information? I assume that you have hard data to back this up, and I would like to see it. I have no connection whatsoever to Lenawee Christian School, but I hate to see any school slandered without factual evidence presented to back it up. Without legitimate proof, comments like yours are simply inflammatory hearsay.

I look forward to seeing your link(s).
Links to news paper articles from over 10 years ago? I wouldn't know where to find those. I guess I should have reiterated the fact that my info is a bit dated. It may be different now but it's hard to imagine the demographic has changed all that much.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM

696 posts, read 1,335,467 times
My wife and I lived in Adrian for a couple of years. We initially had a house on Maple Ave at E Maumee, and also an apartment at Nob Hill off W Maumee. The apartment was great, affordable, cozy, and fairly quiet considering that the college was practically right across the road.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:53 AM

39 posts, read 54,696 times
Very Old post, but maybe others still want to know about Adrian and Tecumseh, MI.
Dropped a pin and moved to Adrian 6 years ago. Live in township by Country Club. Truly the nicest living and neighborhood I have ever been in. Having said that Adrian has Nothing. I seldom go into the town. It is a strange left over from when there was manufacturing city. We look at all the residential here and are amazed. The greater % commute out of the area for work. I did not have children in school here, so can't comment on the public schools. Lenawee Christian is where the majority of the neighborhood kids go and give great ratings. Is the city safe? I would say my area is. The East side I would not walk around.
Tecumseh MI, I LOVE! I wish I had known about Tecumseh before moving to Adrian. Tecumseh is safe and clean and small town all the way. I bike Tecumseh every road and area and feel very safe. Has every thing one could need to live a life and not have to drive to get an item. But it is like a dot on a map that if you are big city or manufacturing you commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor