Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 01:48 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,246,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Welcome to the Internet.
You are confused. What you interpret as my ignorance of the Internet is really my never ending quest to get people to understand they aren't Gods gift to whatever they choose to participate in. In other words, if 5 people ahead of "me" said its cold today "I" don't really need to be #6. If I choose to be #6 anyway the problem is "mine", nobody else, least of all the guy who asked if its cold outside.
Even though my efforts are somewhat futile in that I can't possible clean up the whole Internet I figure if I can get one person to rethink their unnecessary belligerence its a good day.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:20 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,150,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
You are confused. What you interpret as my ignorance of the Internet is really my never ending quest to get people to understand they aren't Gods gift to whatever they choose to participate in.
Not confused at all. Your never-ending quest is, in a way, ignorance of the Internet, because it's futile and you either don't realize that or are ignoring reality (not sure what's worse here).
Quote:
Even though my efforts are somewhat futile in that I can't possible clean up the whole Internet I figure if I can get one person to rethink their unnecessary belligerence its a good day.
And therein lies the rub. Snarkies go'n snark while brushing off your good-faith efforts. Fact of life. Not one person with a snarky remark ready will ever think: "Damn, didn't Craig tell me not to do this way back when?"

Old 01-06-2018, 01:30 AM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Folks, many of you don't realize there IS more than one Detroit airport. DTW, located in Romulus, is the largest airport and in a relatively decent area.

However, there is another airport, Coleman A Young Airport, which was formerly known as Detroit City Airport. I believe it is now closed to commercial air traffic, only services private and cargo flights. It was Detroit's main airport during the war years, then shut down. It did re-open to commercial traffic around 1980's. It was (and still is) located in a tough area.

I'm from Detroit, and used to fly back into Detroit City Airport when I could, but only because I was very familiar with the area. One wrong turn could literally put you in the area the OP is worried about.

OP, I doubt your ticket would be routed to Coleman Young Airport, mainly because they don't serve commercial traffic anymore. To be on the safe side, make sure your ticket routes you to DTW. From there to AA you will be fine!

Old 01-07-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Folks, many of you don't realize there IS more than one Detroit airport.
No, we do realize it and if you read the thread, you will see that it was already mentioned. DET hasn't had a commercial flight in years, so there is literally ZERO chance this could happen.
Quote:
To be on the safe side, make sure your ticket routes you to DTW. From there to AA you will be fine!
This would be paranoia of the highest order. The ONLY airport in Detroit commercial traffic can be routed to is DTW, unless you're somehow on a charter that goes to YIP (which is even closer to A2).

Old 01-07-2018, 03:34 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
The thing is, after the first 7 responses the OP thanked folks and from that point on NOBODY brought anything new to the table. It was all rehashing what others said in the first 7 responses, except to add some sarcasm and bite. So nobody should pat themselves on the back for repeating what somebody else already said.
Since there seems to be 20 responses per page the thing stopped being useful after less than a half page.
People could care less about whether they're being useful. The excess comments are to highlight the silliness of thinking that anything associated with Detroit is automatically dangerous, let alone an airport. This is how people choose to respond and will continue to respond, whether you like it or not.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:35 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
No, we do realize it and if you read the thread, you will see that it was already mentioned. DET hasn't had a commercial flight in years, so there is literally ZERO chance this could happen.This would be paranoia of the highest order. The ONLY airport in Detroit commercial traffic can be routed to is DTW, unless you're somehow on a charter that goes to YIP (which is even closer to A2).
Ahem....I was the one who mentioned that Detroit has more than one airport

Old 01-07-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ahem....I was the one who mentioned that Detroit has more than one airport
Yet you continue to reiterate a completely useless point.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:38 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
I like it how you decided not to help the op but fight a pointless fight over opinions and irrelevant issues.
And just to be clear, by "I like it" I mean it wasn't your best moment.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor