U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:03 PM

2,093 posts, read 3,563,634 times
not really a bad looking house but can you say
MARY KAY

Last edited by BrianG; 09-18-2007 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 08:08 PM

1,409 posts, read 3,414,010 times
Not yet...but this was a nice change of pace! Thanks for bringing it up. Of course since I live in Florida, we all have different colored houses -- well, except for those in gated communities who have to get approval before they can paint in tones of beige.

Some of the previous photos are hilarious!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 PM

9,342 posts, read 15,591,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
You have to check this site! Not only do they take pictures of ugly houses, but also give sarcastic captions below.

http://www.countryjoycrafts.com/ButtUglyHouses.htm
OMG, this is the funniest site- I ended up spending an hour reading all about her Van from Hell saga! Great ugly house pix and the commentary is perfect!

Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 PM

2,350 posts, read 7,081,742 times
I was going to do a bunch of copying and pasting but here's a great weird home site:

http://unusuallife.com/category/unusual-homes/

I also added a couple from my local area, spaceship house on Signal Mtn, and a plane, boat, copter home in North GA
Attached Thumbnails
Ugly Funny Silly Looking Houses - Add Your Favorite Example-ufohouse2.jpg   Ugly Funny Silly Looking Houses - Add Your Favorite Example-planehouse220.jpg  

Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 AM

16,895 posts, read 22,558,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
I was going to do a bunch of copying and pasting but here's a great weird home site:

Unusual Homes | Unusual Life

I also added a couple from my local area, spaceship house on Signal Mtn, and a plane, boat, copter home in North GA
Great link, love the pix.

Okay folks, add 'em if you got 'em.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 AM

8,408 posts, read 9,193,130 times
Quote:
You have to check this site! Not only do they take pictures of ugly houses, but also give sarcastic captions below.

Butt Ugly Houses of the Universe
The beer can house on page six of the link is in Houston and is a tourist attraction...I met the guy that did it before he passed away...He was a real nice guy..

Old 01-07-2010, 11:57 AM

40,227 posts, read 43,061,503 times
Quote:

Butt Ugly Houses of the Universe
When I was looking at the pages on this website, I thought that the creator of the website needed to get a life.

Then I realized that I was looking at the pictures on the website so that means I need to get a life too!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:01 PM

16,895 posts, read 22,558,944 times
Default Ugly Houses and Awful Architecture

Is this the ugliest ever or what?

I've seen some really garish stuff done in the name of renovation, but this takes the cake.

How could the zoning and permit processes even allow such an abomination?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:43 PM

1,192 posts, read 738,143 times
I am visiting relatives in Southern CA, and in this neighborhood and over the years, owners took identical looking snout house ranchers built in the '50s and made them their own, with as many questionable design decisions as winners.

3 houses down is someone who put a lift into his garage to fix cars, so the entire front of his house is a giant garage with a tiny one story rancher in back. There are windows high on the 2nd floor of the garage which show the guy should probably be on an epsiode of hoarders.

The back is even worse, as the garage expansion joined onto the house is not a square, but rather has multiple step down levels and sort of looks like the thing Q-Bert jumped on.

The next one down is someone who took their one story rancher and added a 2nd story using the plans from a 2 story roadside motel. The soundwalls on the freeway have more impressive architectural details than this house does. Is it painted a ridiculous color? Of course it is!

Then there's the one with dormers. Like 7 dormers on a 1500 sq ft one story rancher, including two (false of course) over the carport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum