U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-16-2010, 04:22 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,484,776 times

Advertisements

I am heading up to Las Vegas in the next few weeks, I haven't been up in about a year.

Did they complete the bridge? Can you drive over it yet?

Should I expect much traffic on a Monday afternoon? I need to be in Las Vegas by 4pm for a poker tourney, thinking of leaving around 11am or soon after.

Also, on a Monday would it still be faster to take the Laughlin and bypass the dam, or should I not expect much traffic during the week?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 07:10 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,557,621 times
We use the Searchlight way quite a bit now, they have the 4 lane construction done. Really not that much longer route and if you count in the delays going across the dam it evens out.

We were up there Sunday and the traffic going was up not bad over the dam. The problem was coming the other direction they were backed up almost all the way to the helicopter tourist place.

And no the bridge is not completed yet hopefully by the end of the year.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
We use the Searchlight way quite a bit now, they have the 4 lane construction done. Really not that much longer route and if you count in the delays going across the dam it evens out.

We were up there Sunday and the traffic going was up not bad over the dam. The problem was coming the other direction they were backed up almost all the way to the helicopter tourist place.

And no the bridge is not completed yet hopefully by the end of the year.
What do you mean by Searchlight? Is that the bypass through Laughlin?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM

Yes Bullhead across the Bridge
there was a lot of construction between calnevari and Searchlight to widen that hwy. it has been completed now.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Yes Bullhead across the Bridge
there was a lot of construction between calnevari and Searchlight to widen that hwy. it has been completed now.
Good to know, did they widen the lanes both ways? I might go over the dam on the way there, just to see the bridge, and then take this way on the way back if thats the case.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 14,858,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Good to know, did they widen the lanes both ways? I might go over the dam on the way there, just to see the bridge, and then take this way on the way back.
That is the way to do it. Getting through the dam Into Vegas is easy, it is leaving Vegas that is the problem. It gets backed up for miles. My friend comes from El Mirage and manages to get to Vegas in just over 4 hours so plan on 4 and a half hours for you. The damn overpass is expected to be done in around November or December.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:35 AM

Alright, the tournament doesn't start until the next morning, but I have to check in and register for it by 4pm, and since I work overnight I wanted to get as much sleep as possible before driving.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 AM

Yes go across the dam going up and you will be able to see the three big horn sheep over passes that are being put in and the new hwy. Come back through Searchlight

Old 06-16-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Yes go across the dam going up and you will be able to see the three big horn sheep over passes that are being put in and the new hwy. Come back through Searchlight
New overpasses? Where at exactly, at the dam?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:12 AM

go take a look at azdot.gov/highways/projects/us93 then look at the latest newsletter. Also check out hooverdambypass.org
the news letter has a map showing the overpass locations.

now at work sending via cell phone palm pre please excuse any mistakes/whoops etc in typing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona