Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:51 AM

205 posts, read 569,611 times

Advertisements

Thats my favorite place in AZ, I have contemplated selling both properties and buying on the lake up there... maybe in a few years... But I will be back to play at the end of the month, and Labor day weekend with the boat! Gonna have some fun...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 PM

27 posts, read 86,063 times
After living here a couple month now, this summer weather is WAY WAY WAY better than what I experienced in Michigan. No humidity. No mosquito's. Sun shines every day. No rainy, gloomy, cloudy days. Light winds most days. No thunder/lightning that knocks out power for days on end.

I can't believe people complain about the weather here. Try living in the Midwest for a couple summers. Now that is a drag.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneal46 View Post
After living here a couple month now, this summer weather is WAY WAY WAY better than what I experienced in Michigan. No humidity. No mosquito's. Sun shines every day. No rainy, gloomy, cloudy days. Light winds most days. No thunder/lightning that knocks out power for days on end.

I can't believe people complain about the weather here. Try living in the Midwest for a couple summers. Now that is a drag.
Yeah I grow more and more sick of MI everyday! I find myself flying back to the AZ houses at least once or twice a month just to get outta here more often. Once the whole work thing is officially worked out here, I am outta here! AZ here I come! And it will all start with another trip up your way to Havasu!

Need to get me some Javelina Cantina!

Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,858,380 times
Quote:

I can relate! I lived in Detroit for five years and got a good education re: heat/humidity. I could not WAIT to get back home to AZ.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:58 PM

570 posts, read 996,811 times
I don't care how hot it gets, a hot summer in AZ is way better (in my opinion) than winter (or summer) in the Northeast.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 PM

27 posts, read 86,063 times
Even at 115 today....when I got out of the pool it still felt a little "chilly". Hard to imagine but its true.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,858,380 times
Quote:
Even at 115 today....when I got out of the pool it still felt a little "chilly". Hard to imagine but its true.
I did a three day road trip this weekend and when I drove from Quartzite to Laughlin I decided I will NEVER complain about the humidity in the Verde Valley again. lol Wow! I tried to visit and wander around Lake Havasu and it was so oppressive...wow. Spent the night in Laughlin and was glad to see it at least cooled down in the evening even if it was still really humid. Had a good time watching all the kids on the river with their 'water toys'. I guess I really lucked out missing all those storms/flooding! I must have been just ahead of them. Ended my road trip with Payson/Flagstaff/Sedona to home so I got to experience all different elevations of the state. Reminded me, once again, what a great state we live in.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 10,722,102 times
Today here in the central Michigan corn fields it is 101 degrees with humidity. Upper 90s and low 100s for weeks now (with one short break in upper 80s). Did I mention its humid here? I dont think it gets worse than that folks, today ill take your 115 dry heat. The worst part is half of Mi, Wi and Mn does not have AC, because this is a cool upper midwest climate. That doesnt help you during those 3 months that it is NOT a cool climate.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Today here in the central Michigan corn fields it is 101 degrees with humidity. Upper 90s and low 100s for weeks now (with one short break in upper 80s). Did I mention its humid here? I dont think it gets worse than that folks, today ill take your 115 dry heat. The worst part is half of Mi, Wi and Mn does not have AC, because this is a cool upper midwest climate. That doesnt help you during those 3 months that it is NOT a cool climate.
Yeah yesterday was probably the hottest day we have had yet this year. The highs for my exact location were 104 with 81% humidity. It was a sticky one thats for sure!

But me on the other hand, I am enjoying this hot weather, even with the humidity. I hate trying to use the boat when its 75 degrees out 30 miles inland. That makes for high 60s on the water. I will take 90 and 100s everyday!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,778,623 times
"Its a dry heat" that's what the turkey said just before he went into the oven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona