Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:06 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,222,853 times

Advertisements

Nov. just seems too early to me to have so many lows in the low 20's and high's in the 40's in Sedona. Am I imagining thiss or is it normally warmer at this time of year?

It's supposed to hit 61 today (maybe for an hour if we're lucky) but then drop right back down again to the lows I mentioned above.

Guess I need to find a new place, I am COLD!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,091 times
I believe the temps are/have been/will continue to be for at least a little bit a few degrees below "average".

Old 11-27-2010, 11:25 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,006 times
I moved to Prescott just a couple of years back and I agree with you that it seems colder for this time of the year based on what we have had.
The first freeze was later this year as it came the last two in early Oct. This year it waited until the last week in Oct but since I have seen temperatures on my WX station down to 12° (yesterday @ 6:15 AM).
We are in a low lying area where it is colder than the recorded temps for the area however.
That being said I have not seen the consistent overnight lows we have had this early in the last 2 years.
The good news is that the daytime temps are just fine with us.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 AM

932 posts, read 1,962,786 times
This is seasonal. Between 55-65 degrees is normal for our winter in the southern Az. 20 degrees isn't common but it happens every year, 30-40 degrees is more like the real low. But right now, yeah it's bit below normal at least for this early in the year in terms of cold weather.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:11 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
November started out to be warmer than normal ... but it has quickly turned around, and now we are experiencing temperatures that are more typical for early January. So yes, these temperatures are below average for this time of year. While I don't care for extremely cold weather, I'll take this over the blast furnace heat of the summer months any time!

What I don't like is how dry it has been. Only a few weak storm systems have moved through, bringing scattered snow showers to northern AZ, and very little (if any) rain to southern AZ. November usually isn't a wet month, but late November is usually when Pacific storm systems move further south and bring moisture to the state. If it stays dry through December, that's when I become worried (and annoyed). We're currently in a La Niña pattern, which usually means warmer & drier than normal conditions. It sucks because dry winters are not good for much of anything.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:25 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,006 times
I did pick up .71" of rain here during one day during November but that is still less than our average of 1.25" for the month and it's almost over.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:36 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
As seems to always be the case, you are falling under the same big arctic weather system we were under up here in Seattle. Whenever we get a REALLY deep cold snap up here (we were having record lows up here a couple of days ago) that weather also dives deep south and affects you folks as well (though clearly not as harshly or for as long).
We've returned to near-normal up here now and you will too shortly.

Ken

Old 11-27-2010, 04:48 PM

339 posts, read 832,464 times
This is my first winter here and my friends tell me that's it's unsual for this time of year, but I don't mind the cool temps at night as long as it warms up in the day time. It's good to have it cool at night so I get to snuggle under the blankets. But it usually warms up pretty well in the day time so far and a sweater is all I need so far if anything at all. Today it's 70 so I don't even need a sweater at all today. So I like it, it's better than having 30 degrees in the daytime and buried in snow.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,900,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Nov. just seems too early to me to have so many lows in the low 20's and high's in the 40's in Sedona. Am I imagining thiss or is it normally warmer at this time of year?

It's supposed to hit 61 today (maybe for an hour if we're lucky) but then drop right back down again to the lows I mentioned above.

Guess I need to find a new place, I am COLD!!!
I agree! It does seem colder this year than last, but then I can never remember just how it was "last year", from year to year, so thought maybe I was just "dis-remembering". Also, a year ago I wasn't working so wasn't out and about so early in the morning so wouldn't have noticed the morning cold anyway. I have been thinking that our *highs* are pretty wierd these days. It isn't TOO bad, as long as the wind isn't blowing!

Was thinking it's time to change my 'status'....

Old 11-28-2010, 08:28 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
It appears the El Nino train is arriving. I mean it snowed this morning here in Kingman before the sun came up and then poof it was gone.
Awful early for this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona