Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 14,240 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the replys ....you are all wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 AM

245 posts, read 697,705 times
Back in May I made a trip with my motorhome from Lake Havasu to Illinois. I broke down in Kingman and needed a new radiator. It took 3 days to get it recored so the shop let me plugin and stay there for the repairs. I rolled the motorcycle off the trailer and ran all over town.

I loved Kingman for the 3 days I got to motor around it. As a matter of fact I spent 3 months riding all over the state of AZ and loved it everywhere I went. I have RA and the climate is perfect for me so that has something to do with AZ being so attractive to me. Even the summers in LHC are easier for me handle than the high humidity in N Illinois.

Just like a pair of shoes, not every shoe fits every foot. AZ is a good fit for me so I'll suffer through one more midwest winter and its AZ or bust for me.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:09 AM

22 posts, read 72,446 times
Default Kingman vs Lake Havasu for a single retiree

I live in Oregon I want to move to either Kingman or Havasu. Does Havasu seem more congested? I know Havasu has off leach dog parks, does Kingman have off leach parks or does it have places where dogs can run off leach. I don't think Iwant to let run in very wild areas because of the rattlers.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Havasu is a lot more congested, especially in the summer boating months. It's also a lot hotter in the summer. For example, the predicted high for Kingman today is 93, while the high in Havasu is a stifling 108. However, Havasu is also warmer in the winter which is nice.

Not sure about off-leach (leash?) dog areas. Most people in my area just let their dogs off leash in open fields. Not really wilderness areas, but more areas that have been graded for housing developments that never materialized.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,301 times
Default Kingman, Arizona warning

the place is run by Good Old Boys, whose agenda may or may not be to your liking or benefit. I won't go into details with regards to development, taxation, education, etc., but I will with regard to law enforcement and the prospect of developing meaningful relationships. If these have ever been, or are now, matters of interest to you, stay away from Kingman. You have been warned.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:12 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero'sFiddle View Post
the place is run by Good Old Boys, whose agenda may or may not be to your liking or benefit. I won't go into details with regards to development, taxation, education, etc., but I will with regard to law enforcement and the prospect of developing meaningful relationships. If these have ever been, or are now, matters of interest to you, stay away from Kingman. You have been warned.
Maybe 20 years ago, not so sure about 2015. The city that's really screwed up IMHO now is Bullhead City, not Kingman.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,947,000 times
LOL Zombie thread. BHC not bad just needs improvement, and water.

Areas to avoid in Kingman?

Uh, Kingman...

Old 05-25-2015, 04:49 PM

5 posts, read 10,951 times
so if you had a choice would you move to BHC/LAUGHLIN OR KINGMAN ?

Old 04-22-2017, 08:29 PM

500 posts, read 359,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66post View Post
so if you had a choice would you move to BHC/LAUGHLIN OR KINGMAN ?
Laughlin.

I could drink myself to death quicker and cheaper.

In both places often. Lived in Kingman during high school.

7th ring of hell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona