Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:06 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,603,272 times

Advertisements

We travel a lot, Verizon has never let us down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 01:14 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,270,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shariahdaniah View Post
I have been with Sprint since 2001. I was in Iowa up until March 2016. Although I have had my up's and downs with Sprint, it was ok, until I moved to Arizona. I have been in the Phoenix and the Fort Mohave area and the service is HORRIBLE! I also got my first LG since here, so I am not sure if it is a combination of the 2, but nonetheless, I can only use my phone about 50% of the time. Sprint has had me trouble shoot numerous times, with numerous people. They have had me drive miles out of my way just to go to a Sprint repair store that is no longer there, they have given me #'s to call that are out of service, I have had a sprint store tell me they made notes that no one can find, and LG wants me to send my phone to them and won't give me a loaner in the process. I have wasted so many hours on the phone with Sprint and have taken off of work to go to the closed repair store. So, I do not recommend Sprint at this point and I am looking for a new provider. After reading this post, I am not sure what to do as it appears all providers have trouble in AZ. Has anyone else moved from other states and experienced similar coverage problems?

Note that this thread is over SEVEN YEARS OLD, an eternity in the cell phone business.

Also, cell coverage really varies by location. For example, in my neighborhood, there is no T-Mobile coverage (as Tucson based contractors are always asking to borrow my phone). Sprint coverage is also mediocre.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:26 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
Quote:
I have been with Sprint since 2001. I was in Iowa up until March 2016. Although I have had my up's and downs with Sprint, it was ok, until I moved to Arizona. I have been in the Phoenix and the Fort Mohave area and the service is HORRIBLE! I also got my first LG since here, so I am not sure if it is a combination of the 2, but nonetheless, I can only use my phone about 50% of the time. Sprint has had me trouble shoot numerous times, with numerous people. They have had me drive miles out of my way just to go to a Sprint repair store that is no longer there, they have given me #'s to call that are out of service, I have had a sprint store tell me they made notes that no one can find, and LG wants me to send my phone to them and won't give me a loaner in the process. I have wasted so many hours on the phone with Sprint and have taken off of work to go to the closed repair store. So, I do not recommend Sprint at this point and I am looking for a new provider. After reading this post, I am not sure what to do as it appears all providers have trouble in AZ. Has anyone else moved from other states and experienced similar coverage problems?

You probably did not notice, in reading the other posts in this thread, that every other post is from 2010.
I would say that presently, the best and most reliable coverage is Verizon. You say you've been in the Phoenix and Fort Mohave areas, you don't say where you live. Either way, I've had good experience with Verizon in terms of coverage. I've been with them or their predecessors ever since I got a cell phone, in the neighborhood of 20 years. Their coverage used to not be great in the western part of the state, it's much better now.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:17 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,398 times
Quote:
I've also been on the Big Red (Verizon) wagon since 2003 and their coverage just keeps getting better and better. Arizona is going to have some weak areas though since there are some spots that are very sparsely populated.

But, I am with you on the LG phone as well. I've had a couple and they're about the worst I've ever had for getting strong consistent signals in weak areas. Went back to Motorola and the difference was astronomical.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:14 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
I'm on a monthly no-contract Verizon $45 unlimited talk & text +2GB of data plan using a new Motorola moto g play and both the phone and the plan are prime. Time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona