U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM

658 posts, read 1,778,439 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind that only people with an axe to grind usually post their complaints online. If everything's fine and dandy, people have no reason to post a review of where they live.

Good luck coming to phoenix - moving is tough. Have you shopped apt complexes yet? Any luck when they find out neither adult is working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 PM

338 posts, read 381,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcin View Post
I am considering relocating to Arizona and I would be renting but I am beginning to wonder if it is the smart thing to do. The reason I say this is because everytime I look up some information on apartment complexes the most common complaint is that the staff at most of these complexes are very RUDE and that they are LAZY!!!!!! That is not the way to be if you are dealing with the public or if you are in a field of customer service. Frankly I don't know what to do now because of this. This would be a big move for my family and myself and if I don't like it what am I going to do? I really hope there are some people who work at these complexes and read these forums so that maybe something can be done about it. It's so funny, people always think that New Yorkers are rude and crass and that the people living out west are so friendly and accomodating but I guess that's not true. I was born and raised in NY and I worked in a hospital before getting sick myself and I was always pleasant no matter what the situation was. Maybe people that are in customer service should take a class on how to act with other people. We'll see what happens but as the days go by I'm confused whether to make this big move or not. Only God knows.
I don't know what you've been reading but I an renting an apartment and all of the staff have been very nice to me. From the landlord down to the maintenance guys. So I don't know who you've been listening to but it's not true of all places. Thye staff here are very nice and always ask me if everything is okay and to just let them know if I need anything. The landlords are really nice here and laid back. So don't listen to the negative stories. My nieghbors are very nice and friendly too and the kids always help me with my grocery bags when they see me.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 PM

338 posts, read 381,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yeah, you are not going to get a true impression from people's apt ratings on the web. The ones who have an issue complain and the one's who never did have a problem stay silent, so it is all skewed. People are people everywhere, rude ones and polite, lazy and hard working. Also, folks tend to get what they give when it comes to dealing with others. So if one is a rude jerk, I bet the guy on the other side of the counter is too.

I wouldn't be worried over it. It will work out OK. It seems there would be bigger things to consider than that when making a move from NY to AZ. Hopefully some people on the forum can give you specific advice on apts, but you should probably help by letting us know what part of town (or the state) you want to live in. If you don't know, then knowing your interests, job needs, etc would be helpful.
That's exactly true. Don't base your decision to move based on some negative comments about Arizona. The place where I rent is wonderful and the nieghbors and staff and landlords here are nice. They are always asking me how I'm doing and if everything is okay and to let them know if I need anything etc. The maintenance workers are nice and nieghbors are nice. And I would not be writing this if this thread had not come up, so that goes to show how most who love where they are will not post anything only the complainers will post to vent. So don't let the few who vent scare you off when there are many who have no problem so they don't write anything.

Quote:
Thanks to those of you who took the time to read and answer my writing. I am disabled, I have a 10th grader and my husband is currently collecting unemployment. I would like an apt. in a pretty nice area of phoenix with 2 bedrooms, somewhere clean and not full of bugs as I've read about so many people that have them in phoenix. I really do appreciate all of your help if you can. We are very quiet, responsible, clean people who would just like to make a Tfresh start somewhere. Thanks again everyone. Have a great day.
I live in Tucson but I'm sure the same thing goes fro Phoenix as for Tucson. If you are nice and friendly then others will be friendly to you.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:26 AM

106 posts, read 89,663 times
Thanks to all of you for your comments. First to Angel, I am a woman not a man and to ji603, I think that if I have the money and the rent is paid on time there should not be a problem and by the way I have all of my bills paid on time every month. I think that would be a bit prejudice not being able to rent an apt. because we are not working if the money is there what is the problem. I went to apartment ratings and that is where I saw all of these negative comments and low percentages. Hope to be part of Arizona soon if God willing. Thanks again.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:59 PM

3,390 posts, read 3,456,981 times
Quote:
I went to apartment ratings and that is where I saw all of these negative comments and low percentages.
This explains why you've read so many troubling, negative posts. In my experience, as many have already stated, the people who take the time to post on that site are usually those who have an ax to grind. Of course, nothing beats seeing for yourself. But most of the angry, negative posts are from disgruntled former residents. No worries! Read them and take with a grain of salt.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 PM

5,090 posts, read 4,165,171 times
Just be nice to them; they'l be nice to you. I am not kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351l62Yx0oI

Old 12-01-2010, 05:49 PM

106 posts, read 89,663 times
Thanks to both Kimballette and Happy in Wyoming. I'm always nice to people so it won't be that hard for me. From both of your comments you both sound nice as well. Oh and by the way, I am a big Sinatra fan. I grew up listening to his music because my mom and dad were always playing it. Things here aren't getting any easier for me so I think I will be leaving the East Coast. Thanks again and have a good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona