U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 5,095 times
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I thought a followup is in order. I did get a ticket in the mail for 57/45--I was guilty so no arguing there. Not wanting a chance of legal repercussion I took the online course for $169 (I'm from MO). Wasn't bad at all but it's 4 hours and setup so you have to be at the PC the entire time. Thanks to AZ for offering this option allowing me to avoid legal fees and/or points.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:22 PM

3,414 posts, read 4,845,374 times
thanks for the follow-up, grizbo.....

Old 02-02-2011, 10:45 PM

2,459 posts, read 3,409,219 times
I don't know if you have the same problem in AZ, but here in AR there are a couple places on I-30 where the radio/microwave tower antenna scatter will almost make your detector jump off the mount. Those of us who know about it ignore it but the out-of-staters get excited.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:01 PM

354 posts, read 569,254 times
That Star Valley section can sure catch you by surprise when you are heading into Payson. I got caught there not too long ago probably doing the speed I have through there for years with little or no traffic.

They should post the speed limit at the top of the hill for west bound traffic (if it is there I never saw it).

There has been a lot of improvement on 260 to handle the traffic bypassing Christopher Creek for which the denizens of that place must be thankful for. I don't fault Star Valley for wanting to control the speed of traffic through their town. It just seems like you either drive slow enough to be more likely to stop and purchase goods and services or they are going to get revenue off the speed trap. Either way they do not want people flying through there between Payson and the Rim.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,436 times
I am from NC and I flew into PHX about three weeks ago. While driving to Show Low, I remember being flashed in what I thought was Payson, AZ. On the way back to Phoenix, I paid attention and saw the cameras on the eastbound side as well as the westbound side. They are both at the bottom of a steep grade and placed next to the 45 MPH speed limit that is in very close proximity to the 55 MPH speed limit. The camera that got me was at the bottom of a grade that changes 720 feet in a distance of just over a mile. I know this because I had my GPS with me. The one on the other side of town is at the bottom of an even steeper hill. I just got a letter from Star Valley telling me that I owe $220.00 for this indiscretion. What a greedy little town. Well guess what? I will not be playing this silly little game, so come to NC and serve me. And as for Herzt turning me in, they can also kiss my business good-bye.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 23,887,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Websurfor View Post
. And as for Herzt turning me in, they can also kiss my business good-bye.

It's my understanding with Hertz (and other car rental agencies) that they will pay the ticket and charge your credit card. It is also my understanding that YOU agreed to this when you signed your rental agreement.

An associate of mine recently rented a car from Budget and sure enough - there it was. You get a ticket - it will get paid.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:03 PM

2,229 posts, read 3,783,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Websurfor View Post
I am from NC and I flew into PHX about three weeks ago. While driving to Show Low, I remember being flashed in what I thought was Payson, AZ. On the way back to Phoenix, I paid attention and saw the cameras on the eastbound side as well as the westbound side. They are both at the bottom of a steep grade and placed next to the 45 MPH speed limit that is in very close proximity to the 55 MPH speed limit. The camera that got me was at the bottom of a grade that changes 720 feet in a distance of just over a mile. I know this because I had my GPS with me. The one on the other side of town is at the bottom of an even steeper hill. I just got a letter from Star Valley telling me that I owe $220.00 for this indiscretion. What a greedy little town. Well guess what? I will not be playing this silly little game, so come to NC and serve me. And as for Herzt turning me in, they can also kiss my business good-bye.
First, those are not steep hills. Second, if you don't want a ticket, don't speed.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,326 times
Taking on Big Brother
Big Brother is being defined as commerce, and government combine to use the state to unjustly usurp income from the constituency, or others, by covering it up.

In 2007 the Township of Star Valley, commerce (Redflex) on hand approved Photo Speed Radar, with a 56 mph trigger. This agreement was presented to The State of Arizona which had standards that Photo Speed Radar is only to be used for those going 11 mph or more over the posted speed limit.

It was an agreement of financial responsibility between Star Valley Township and The State of Arizona. Signed by a representative of The State of Arizona, and the then mayor of Star Valley, but labeled on the agreement as The Town of Prescott Valley.

Prescott Valley has an agreement with for Photo Speed Radar, with Redflex and the State of Arizona, and less than one dollar in fifteen collect in fines goes towards town improvements, and feel it is similar for Star Valley.

It should be noted pretty much word for word on the respective township government websites of Scottsdale in the Phoenix Valley, Star Valley Township, the frequently asked question (FAQ) sites on photo speed radar are the same, so it can be concluded they came from the same source.

Redflex with North American headquarters in Phoenix, is the corporation which supplies the photo speed radar, and acquired money from the fines, in multiples of what the townships get, about a much as The State of Arizona gets.

The respective townships maintain an calibrate, and The State of Arizona, draws on the respective townships for legal prosecutors on the fine. When equipment is calibrated it has a level of accuracy. On the Scottsdale and Star Valley websites the accuracy of The Photo Radar is +/- 1 mph.

So now we have our numbers. A 56 mph trigger, Photo Speed Radar to be used to fine only those going over 11 mph, with an accuracy of plus or minus 1 mph.

In the Township of Star Valley, the photo speed radar of The State of Arizona, is at a single posted speed limit of 45 mph. Though Prescott Valley, and Scottsdale which have used photo radar have various posted speed limits.

Numbers are utilized and agreed upon by The State of Arizona, to collect fines, which money mainly goes to The State of Arizona and Redflex, for the Star Valley Photo Radar.

In Star Valley the radar which collect the funds through fines, for The State of Arizona, and Redflex, has a documented and establish trigger at 56 mph and concurred accuracy of plus or minus 1 mph in a posted 45 mph zone.

Received a ticket for mailed to me at home, from Star Valley Magistrate, stating I was going approximately 56 mph in a 45 mph posted zone being fined at a higher rate of going 11 mph or more over the posted speed.
Knowing machines had accuracy which looked up an found that this one had and accuracy of plus or minus 1 mph. Did a calculation in my head 56 (trigger) – 1 (accuracy) – 45 (Star Valley's posted) = 10 mph which is not 11 mph or more over the speed limit.

Went to court Star Valley Magistrate, SP-2011000660, Mark S. Elliott vs The State of Arizona. It should be noted that the prosecutor, though of Star Valley was representing The State of Arizona.
The prosecutor for The State of Arizona presented, “the 56 mph, with and accuracy of 1 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone which is 11 mph or more over the speed limit”.

During my presentation I first presented 56 + 1 = 57 – 45 = 12 where I could have been actually been going 12 mph. The assistant to the prosecutor indicated he knew where I was going next.
Then I presented the above. 56 – 1 = 55 – 45 = 10 which is not 11 or more. The judge agreed, and said I was not responsible, but did not at first understand that I was acquitted, because that was the first and hopefully the last time I get to represent myself in a trial.

Both Star Valley's judge and Arizona's prosecutor treated me with the up most of professionalism. The Arizona prosecutor does work for Star Valley, and I feel they are lucky to have him.

The problem right now is The State of Arizona's Photo Radar located in Star Valley, is now improperly used to fine people going below 11 mph over the posted speed, and sending them fines.

The estimate which may be low, since most fines are a 56 mph then as 57 mph and so on, it is felt that at 56 mph trigger more than a million dollars in fines were sent out.

The reason I know this, because it would be noticed and published in the Payson Roundup.

It has been publish though and referred to as SV (Star Valley's) Photo Radar that the prosecutor which is actually The State of Arizona's prosecutor has lost a case, then again referred to as loosing two cases where he was then 0-3 on repeals, this has been since I won on my case.

The last lawyer who won two cases on repeal against this Arizona prosecutor, is from Scottsdale, and has a strong background in engineering, and computers, I would love to see him utilize Big Brother double speak on the above numbers.

It is very rare to win a repeal against Star Valley's Photo radar then to have it published in the Payson Roundup as members of that community will tell you.

If this progression goes forth it will be used to cover up the above numbers an therefore Big Brother as I would expect will win.

The way the internet works is that information today can be sent from Pad to Pad, Phone to Phone, , and from PC to PC because the Paper Media does not seem to want to print it, and since we are dealing with a computerized reoccurring injustice of a Photo Radar Enforcement System, I hope that others past this information on. If you do not want Big Brother to win please pass it on.

Mark S. Elliott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona