Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
See if you feel that way when the Governors Death Panel gets you
Sorry, Boompa . . . I am very sensitive to "causes" but I am also very tired of so many generous people who are only generous with the money from someone else's pocket.

If anyone feels so strongly about a cause they shouldn't sit back and P & M . . . they should get involved and PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS.

Arizona's, budget, as well as the current budgets for all the other states in this country, will only go so far and, unfortunately, some items need to be either reduced or eliminated completely because no one wants to pay more taxes.

By the way, have you volunteered to pay additional taxes lately?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:05 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
Brewer was re-elected; the state knew what they were getting when they submitted their ballots.

Sounds like you have strong feelings about this topic, Boompa--are you doing anything significant to address the problem? (I don't count being angry and posting acidic comments here in City Data Forums as significant.) Yelling into the wind is fruitless; however, there are ways to make your voice heard that might make a difference.
I'm glad he posted this and I'm ashamed that we all aren't constantly talking about this, it's sick, and I think if enough people talk about it and start caring what direction we are going in then we can change it!!!!!
Unless, the rest of you don't want to change direction which I think would be equally sick!!!
How many people are killed by our illegal problem in AZ a year? We are paying big money for those lawsuits! How many people will Jan Brewer kill this year? I bet a lot more than the illegal immigrants in AZ.
I just watched CNN talk about us again on this very issue, it's so gross, I can't believe any of you are sick of talking about it. I think this kind of disgrace is what we all should be talking about instead of how tan you get in Phoenix, or where to get the cheapest house, what about how sick your going to get here?
Do you think your insurance companies will keep you on and pay for a transplant if you need one? I doubt it, then what are you going to do? Jan Brewer has 30 million dollars unaccounted for in federal assistance and it only takes 1.4 million for these transplants. Christ she spent double that on Algae research this year, she doesn't mind keeping the oil companies happy. She isn't listening to anybody of authority on this and won't talk to anyone about it, what is her deal? What a creep, she's like the grim reaper and company in there.
I think everyone should pay more attention to the dealings in our government, because at some point we are going to see out of work and ill people all over the streets of our city, because thats the only place we will have left to put them!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sorry, Boompa . . . I am very sensitive to "causes" but I am also very tired of so many generous people who are only generous with the money from someone else's pocket.

If anyone feels so strongly about a cause they shouldn't sit back and P & M . . . they should get involved and PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS.

Arizona's, budget, as well as the current budgets for all the other states in this country, will only go so far and, unfortunately, some items need to be either reduced or eliminated completely because no one wants to pay more taxes.

By the way, have you volunteered to pay additional taxes lately?
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/0...lant-patients/
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/03/us....html?_r=3&hpw
Well, after the republicans announced the churches would have to take care of the people out of work they have stepped in and are doing their best. I donated time and money up the arsehole for the things my state ignores so they can pay for what they see as a priority with my taxes. I wouldn't dare pay extra taxes to this state in fear it would be used to dye the governments hair.
I can't believe you bought that line, "we don't have the money", bs, they just exposed the crap out of that windbag on CNN, it's going to get embarrassing again around here, time to wake up! She is a liar, a cheat, and now she is a killer too! She blamed Obama's health care reform but she made the cuts before that was even there, she just says whatever she wants, and I guess I see why, people believe her crap so why not?!?! What ever works I guess.
What a joke, why don't you open your eyes, this state is going down the moral toilet faster than Washington, I don't understand why you don't realize your going with it!

Why don't you all watch it, it's on ever hour tonight and gives you a clear picture of things to come here.

Last edited by twiggy; 12-06-2010 at 09:26 PM..

Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 PM

88 posts, read 181,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I'm glad he posted this and I'm ashamed that we all aren't constantly talking about this, it's sick, and I think if enough people talk about it and start caring what direction we are going in then we can change it!!!!!
Unless, the rest of you don't want to change direction which I think would be equally sick!!!
How many people are killed by our illegal problem in AZ a year? We are paying big money for those lawsuits! How many people will Jan Brewer kill this year? I bet a lot more than the illegal immigrants in AZ.
I just watched CNN talk about us again on this very issue, it's so gross, I can't believe any of you are sick of talking about it. I think this kind of disgrace is what we all should be talking about instead of how tan you get in Phoenix, or where to get the cheapest house, what about how sick your going to get here?
Do you think your insurance companies will keep you on and pay for a transplant if you need one? I doubt it, then what are you going to do? Jan Brewer has 30 million dollars unaccounted for in federal assistance and it only takes 1.4 million for these transplants. Christ she spent double that on Algae research this year, she doesn't mind keeping the oil companies happy. She isn't listening to anybody of authority on this and won't talk to anyone about it, what is her deal? What a creep, she's like the grim reaper and company in there.
I think everyone should pay more attention to the dealings in our government, because at some point we are going to see out of work and ill people all over the streets of our city, because thats the only place we will have left to put them!!!
Much truth to what you say. The ongoing bad press and reputation from all the pre-election nonsense has now morphed into Gov. Jan's real death panels. The state's image has taken a hit no question. The few positive things I do see on the horizon is all the bowl/golf hoopla coming up and the All Star game this next summer. Hopefully sports will kick start AZ back into a positive national spotlight. I am encouraged today by the Andy Thomas news. Let's hope the circle will start to tighten in on all the misdeeds of Sheriff Jose. Now that would be progress. The money these two have cost taxpayers over the years would have gone a long way to take care of the healthcare for many Arizona residents.

Last edited by GreenNorthwestScott; 12-06-2010 at 09:57 PM..

Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Looks like the people who watch MSNBC take better care of our citizens than our government.
msnbc.com Video Player

Arizona - Latest news, videos, and information- msnbc.com

They raised money for our people because we can't take care of them ourselves, we needed a roof on the Veterans colosseum. That took about as much money as the transplants she could have given this year. But, we need new roofs, right?

msnbc.com Video Player
Scroll down on this video player to see more of Jan, and her death panel.
This looks like a joke, it's strange that it's real.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:08 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Algae in AZ?.... She has been with Sarah too much I think....

Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Algae in AZ?.... She has been with Sarah too much I think....
LOLOLOLOL........I can see Mexico from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 05:43 AM

533 posts, read 1,461,998 times
You are doing something about this besides making inflammatory posts in an online public forum, right? You obviously feel strongly about the issue, so please detail--what else are you doing to make the governor and state legislature know how upset you are? What else are you doing to help raise money for the near-dead and dying who need the transplants?

Oh, and if you do agree with particular decisions the governor makes--do you let her know about those, too? Or do you save communication just for the things you disagree with? I'm curious, that's all, if the emotions run both ways or generally downhill.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:21 AM

88 posts, read 181,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
You are doing something about this besides making inflammatory posts in an online public forum, right? You obviously feel strongly about the issue, so please detail--what else are you doing to make the governor and state legislature know how upset you are? What else are you doing to help raise money for the near-dead and dying who need the transplants?

Oh, and if you do agree with particular decisions the governor makes--do you let her know about those, too? Or do you save communication just for the things you disagree with? I'm curious, that's all, if the emotions run both ways or generally downhill.
This is not a left/right issue. This is a moral issue that concerns the state of Arizona withholding care and allowing it's citizens to die. Many if not all of the people on the transplant list were told basically,
"sorry we changed our mind, we know we promised you care but there are other budget considerations."
When questioned by the press the Governor shrugs and shows no empathy on the subject, just her cavalier attitude.
It's a shame that people need to die (many times with great pain and suffering) because this Governor wants to play to a political base. She's not painting a very pretty picture of Arizona to the rest of the country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vkuWdUoESA

Last edited by GreenNorthwestScott; 12-07-2010 at 07:31 AM..

Old 12-07-2010, 07:31 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNorthwestScott View Post
This is not a left/right issue. This is a moral issue that concerns the state of Arizona withholding care and allowing it's citizens to die. Many if not all of the people on the transplant list were told basically,
"sorry we changed our mind, we know we promised you care but there are other budget considerations."
When questioned by the press the Governor shrugs and shows no empathy on the subject, just her cavalier attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vkuWdUoESA
It's a shame that people need to die (many times with great pain and suffering) because this Governor wants to play to a political base. She's not painting a very pretty picture of Arizona to the rest of the country.
Agree totally.

It's astounding how the conservatives were bashing President Obama and the democrats for the creation of death panels when the healthcare bill was passed.

Now the same conservatives are creating their own death panels by slashing AHCCCS coverage for those in need but not taking a cut on their own benefits.

No question the state budget needs to be balanced and cuts have to be made but not at the expense of the lives of the less-fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona