U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM

4,816 posts, read 5,483,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahrose View Post
I have a question...what if I move back to AZ and my car is new with new tabs from another state that don't expire for 10 months...do I still need to RE pay the fee, or can I let it go until my tabs are up??

If you are a permanent resident of the state you have to register the car here. I am pretty sure that you can get the difference in registration refunded from your existing state when you relinquish the registration, but you'll have to look that up in your individual state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 07:48 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,030,729 times
Plates in Texas are cheaper but property taxes are what is going way high. As been said, the state is going to get the money SOMEHOW!!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 AM

7,732 posts, read 14,861,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Plates in Texas are cheaper but property taxes are what is going way high. As been said, the state is going to get the money SOMEHOW!!
Very well stated, Rogarven.

Some states have LOW Registration while they have HIGH Property and/or Personal Taxes. The same applies to State Income Taxes vs other forms of GOTCHA.

Bottom line . . . all states need a minimum income to survive.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 PM

8,853 posts, read 8,954,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I know, I remember those dreary winter days when I lived in upper Michigan, heating bills, winterizing vehicles, and house repair because of frozen pipes, ice and snow.

I'm not saying that it's outrageously expensive to live here, I just disagree when people say how cheap it is.
Yeah, I kinda of agree with you. I don't really think of Arizona as a cheap place to live. You can definitely find cheaper places to live like Dallas for example. Everything is relative. A lot of people move here from the California, Illinois and Michigan, and relative those states, it can be cheaper here. But yeah, I don't think of AZ is the cheapest place to live either.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:12 PM

307 posts, read 351,064 times
Pretty much Arizona Motor Vehicles registration fees are par with those of Montana. Just got my renewal notice in Montana for a 2005 BMW X5: $246.48 Last year the same car was in the $320 ballpark. My 2007 911 Turbo was $796 for 2010 and the same car in Arizona is more than $1k. Reason why I am in the Arizona forum is because my wife and daughter live in Queen Creek and I will follow soon... Bottom line, compared to New Jersey's $79 registration both MT and AZ DMV fees are whacked, but again, New Jersey sucked us dry with the property and income taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona