U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 AM

51 posts, read 13,961 times
Default A christmas thank you to governor brewer from the east coast

You all are BLESSED to have a Governor like Jan Brewer. I am so thankful that she rocked the PC boat and enacted the wonderful immigration law in Arizona (although it doesn't go far enough). I pray that one day we will have something similar here in Maryland. Something has to be done and I am glad to see someone is acting. Merry Christmas to all in the great state of Arizona!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM

2,730 posts, read 2,287,923 times
Merry Christmas jasonbailey

Old 12-24-2010, 07:07 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,852,499 times
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Jason.

Nowadays it is rather rare to find a Governor, or any elected official, willing to stand up for the legal citizens of this country rather than their own personal, self-serving agenda.

Let's all hope and pray this new and unique trend will catch on across the country sooner than later.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:34 PM

Location: A circle of Hell so insidious, infernal and odious, Dante dared not map it
623 posts, read 564,360 times
Yes, and raise a glass to doing whatever it took to get an abysmal pre-election approval rating up to get elected. May Arizona have many returns in kind.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:57 AM

1,126 posts, read 1,723,611 times
Just because she SIGNED (it wasnt even her original proposal) one good law does not make me thankful she ended up as our governor. In my view there were much better Republican options, but once she signed SB1070 her election was assured. I ve never been a single issue voter. But the out of staters dont see how our economy might have recovered more quickly with a different governor in charge.

Just my view.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:09 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,852,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Just because she SIGNED (it wasnt even her original proposal) one good law does not make me thankful she ended up as our governor. In my view there were much better Republican options, but once she signed SB1070 her election was assured. I ve never been a single issue voter. But the out of staters dont see how our economy might have recovered more quickly with a different governor in charge.

Just my view.
Interesting point, sh,

On the flip side . . . our economy could very well have slumped even further into the toilet WITHOUT SB1070. Bottom line: compared to other states with similar illegal immigration problems and NO SB1070, we are far better off.

"WHAT IFS" are rarely worthwhile in situations of this type.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 PM

2,069 posts, read 906,438 times
Default Indeed ... Merry "CHRIST"mas Arizona & Gov. Brewer !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbailey View Post
You all are BLESSED to have a Governor like Jan Brewer. I am so thankful that she rocked the PC boat and enacted the wonderful immigration law in Arizona (although it doesn't go far enough). I pray that one day we will have something similar here in Maryland. Something has to be done and I am glad to see someone is acting. Merry Christmas to all in the great state of Arizona!
jasonbailey !!! ... Precisely Right !

Absolutely ... The citizens of Arizona are indeed blessed to have such an incredibly effective public servant as Jan Brewer for Govenor !!!

The "Illegal Alien Nightmare" in America must be resolutely addressed in every State ! ... "Thank Goodness" Gov. Brewer has show us the way !!!

Hopefully some of the other Governor's in these United States will have the "BALLZZZZZZ" to step forward and adopt the very same aggressive policy to address America's outrageous "Illegal Alien" debacle !!!

Jolly Good Show Governor Brewer ... Keep Up The Great Work !!!

Thanks Y'ALL / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 12-26-2010, 12:26 PM

2,069 posts, read 906,438 times
Default Govenor Brewer for "POTUS" !!! .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Jason.

Nowadays it is rather rare to find a Governor, or any elected official, willing to stand up for the legal citizens of this country rather than their own personal, self-serving agenda.

Let's all hope and pray this new and unique trend will catch on across the country sooner than later.
Bummer !!! ... BRAVO !

Dang well said !!! So Mote It Be !!!

Thanks Y'ALL / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 12-27-2010, 11:15 AM

13,502 posts, read 15,566,348 times
I love hearing these messages from people who don't live here. To get the full impact (including the negatives) of a public official holding office in a certain state, you really have to live here. Otherwise, you are just buying what the media sells you about one or two issues.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:53 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,369,296 times
Thank you queen Jan for slashing AHCCCS coverage to the truly needy and life-saving transplants to the truly sick.

I'm sure the less-fortunate people of Arizona are praising her for 1070 passage while they suffer with substantially reduced healthcare coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: