U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,749,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iola.katz View Post
Once we have some clarity about what exactly you pan to do in AZ, we might be able to give you a better idea.
DC is Doctor of Chiropractic, she/he mentions patients (among other things ).

PS OP adultery could even create some buisness for you, sleeping on the couch or in the dog house can't be good for the spine!

Last edited by adventuregurl; 12-31-2010 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-31-2010, 02:24 PM

18 posts, read 18,860 times
If you want a low crime rate, don't go to Phoenix. the news here is depressing as hell. murder, shooting, rape, kidnapping, robbery, shooting, car accident, shooting, rape, assault, ETC ETC. EVERY day. *EVERY*
i quit watching it after being here a year or two.
police choppers and news choppers everywhere too.

safer areas in the metro area are like sun city west, east mesa, and north scottsdale (but scottsdale will *not* fit in your price range on houses) don't get me wrong there's good sections in almost every zone of the city. but there's bad sections too.

aside from the crime. the metro area has fairly good growth depending on your business. but let me tell you, if you are retail or a restaurant, it's not a good time. people are goin belly up all over the city. retail space sits empty everywhere.
recreation and culture and shopping wise you will never run out of things to do or places to go. it's a huge city after all. with all the pros and cons there-in.
I really can't comment on any other Arizona cities as far as living there, as I haven't. I've visited many places. but the Phoenix area is where I've lived.

as for the adultery free issue lol. it wouldn't matter WHERE you went. there are no adultery free zones. lol. thanks for that chuckle.

Unread 12-31-2010, 02:32 PM

2,948 posts, read 3,298,211 times
Phoenix actually has a fairly low crime rate for a city it's size, and the suburbs are especially low. Gilbert is the 17th safest city in the country, and Surprise, Goodyear, and many of the other suburbs have a crime rate very close to Gilbert's.

Unread 12-31-2010, 05:36 PM

261 posts, read 246,534 times
Low adultery? I m not sure, but I dont think, Tiger Woods live here in Arizona.

Unread 12-31-2010, 06:11 PM

12,990 posts, read 14,336,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluejay View Post
If you want a low crime rate, don't go to Phoenix. the news here is depressing as hell. murder, shooting, rape, kidnapping, robbery, shooting, car accident, shooting, rape, assault, ETC ETC. EVERY day. *EVERY*

safer areas in the metro area are like sun city west, east mesa, and north scottsdale (but scottsdale will *not* fit in your price range on houses) don't get me wrong there's good sections in almost every zone of the city. but there's bad sections too.

aside from the crime. the metro area has fairly good growth depending on your business. but let me tell you, if you are retail or a restaurant, it's not a good time. people are goin belly up all over the city. retail space sits empty everywhere.
recreation and culture and shopping wise you will never run out of things to do or places to go. it's a huge city after all. with all the pros and cons there-in.
I really can't comment on any other Arizona cities as far as living there, as I haven't. I've visited many places. but the Phoenix area is where I've lived.

as for the adultery free issue lol. it wouldn't matter WHERE you went. there are no adultery free zones. lol. thanks for that chuckle.

Good heavens. There are so many more safe areas (no area is crime free) than just the ones you listed. If you only watch Fox local news, I can see getting a somewhat skewed view of crime in this city, as they seem to love to feature it.

To the OP- As far as "low adultery" I have no idea what makes you ask, and no idea how to answer that question. That's something that happens everywhere, and is not impacted by what area of town it happens in. Where it happens more, or less, I'm sure no one is keeping statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Phoenix actually has a fairly low crime rate for a city it's size, and the suburbs are especially low. Gilbert is the 17th safest city in the country, and Surprise, Goodyear, and many of the other suburbs have a crime rate very close to Gilbert's.
Agreed. Tempe is safe, too, if you take the area immediately around the University, where most of the property crime in the city takes place, out of the equation.

Unread 12-31-2010, 09:13 PM

14,747 posts, read 12,392,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluejay View Post
Not making a statement regarding Phoenix crime in particular but the fact is the local news in EVERY city WAYYYYYYY overcovers that kind of news. Unless there is something really big happening, local news ALWAYS leads off with crime stories. It's all part of the way news sensationalizes everything (especially crime). It's really one of my strongest pet peeves - and it irritates the hell out of me because it's turning the average American into someone ALWAYS AFRAID.

As I said, I can't specifically speak about Phoenix but I KNOW that here in Seattle if one judged how bad crime was based on the local news stories one would think the city was in a state of chaos - when in fact crime here today is FAR lower than it was 40 years ago when I first moved here. In fact, it's lower than nearly ANY TIME since that day.

Do NOT EVER make a judgement about the crime rate by listening to local media news. It will NEVER give you an accurate assessment.

Ken

Unread 03-08-2011, 09:20 AM

3 posts, read 1,748 times
lol....i guess my previous experience in Miami has left me a little worried about adultery...but your right...i can trust my hubby...adultery happens in every city. I was just hinting at the party life at ASU

Unread 03-08-2011, 11:05 PM

12,990 posts, read 14,336,484 times
The "party life" at ASU (and its reputation as a party school has declined over the years, as its academic standing increases) really has very little or anything to do with "adultery", and to the extent it does, certainly should not affect anyone who is not involved with the university (staff or student) at all. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona