Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:14 PM

11 posts, read 25,010 times

Advertisements

If AZ will furnish me with an AK-47, and a mobile home free of charge, on the border, I will patrol a 15 mile section is either direction, and guarantee no one will cross on my watch

Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
I don't like them coming here, but it's been going on for many years. This is not something new.
And to shoot someone without warning is really rather stupid when they know nobody does anything about this problem.
The problem lies with our government. And I am not sure there is a good solution.
We cannot afford to put them in jail, there are just too many.
And I don't know the true costs of patrolling the border but it's got to be very high. It is costing us a fortune as is and they only catch 1 in 4 or 6 and that's an estimate. If they do they just make another attempt and come in again as they know the odds are with them.

The only solution I can think of is to bring the troops home from where they are and put them on the border. Leaflet the Mexican side of the border and tell them anyone coming over will be shot.
But that's not going to happen as there are too many Hispanic voters in this country.
And the last time I checked it was still illegal to shoot an unarmed man.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 AM

The fences simply do not work.
In Douglas for example, they have fences. And if you go there you will see a BP agent in an SUV every one mile or so 24/7 watching for illegals climbing the fence.
If they also tunnel under them too but for the most part that is done by drug runners.
The illegals also use the sewer and drainage systems.
Just so you know.
When you have lived next to the border you see what goes on. Most of the country is just unaware.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
There's a solution that would solve 90% of the problem even without guards or fences. All the government needs to do is create a workable system where employers can quickly and easily verify right to work, then enact severe penalties for hiring undocumented workers and enforce them against employers. Aliens come to America for work. If they couldn't find work they wouldn't come here. That would keep 90% of them out and the Border Patrol could handle most of the other 10%.

But no, that's too reasonable. It would solve most of the problem and the government doesn't want that.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 AM

What, you expect common sense?
Don't forget that some of the companies that benefit by the cheap labor donate large sums of money to the right people.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
When you have lived next to the border you see what goes on. Most of the country is just unaware.
And sadly each day this issue moves further north

As long as the murders, rapes, kidnappings, ID theft, and credit fraud is happening to everyone EXCEPT our elected local/state/federal officials, their family members, and close friends -- illegal Entry into the U.S.A. is officially NOT A PROBLEM.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM

206 posts, read 534,904 times
People have NO idea of the magnitude of the problem. Just last week I found tracks in my drive where three illegals came up to my house and up onto my porch, at night, while I was sitting on the couch, and must have been eyeballing me from behind, as I watched T.V.(dogs barking). This is the second time this has happened. The "third world" is moving North.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,736 times
It looks as if discussion of the environmental impact of trash left by illegal immigrants has veered off into general discussion of illegal immigration policies. Feel free to continue that discussion in the Illegal Immigration forum --> http://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona