U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,629 posts, read 14,084,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It does raise the interesting question of why the US, which is also heavily armed is so violent. Some propose that the American culture is basically a violent culture. There may be something to that. If it is the case, putting guns in our collective hands is the same as offering a drink to an alcoholic.
Damed right! And since we have so many alcoholics and DUI drivers and so many people killed by drunken drivers and so much family abuse perpetrated by drunk people, we should ban alcohol! Oh wait, we already tried that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 PM

65 posts, read 134,770 times
My comment below..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
What lawful purpose would any individual "civilian" find the need to own an extended magazine...30 round magazines are designed with only one purpose and intent....
It is how YOU think.. What if government limits cars to certain horsepower.. Let's say 100 hp, then limits something else and else and else.. I don't have extended (18+) capacity magazines , because I don't need them today . But when I need I want to be able buy, without kissing anyone a$$.
Here is lawful reasons:
1. Civil unrest (riots). You think impossible? Try disrupt water/fuel supply for 5 days.. How much fuud you have in your kitchen and fuel in your garage. Average citizen has 2 days!!!!! food suply!!
2. Uphold US Constitution against our tyrannical government (if happens)

I'm sure I will hear from "sport" shooters as that might be the only valid reason.....
If I in shootout with 5+ people I want 33 rd magazine.. You can say impssible.. What about LA riots?

I fully support our 2nd Amendment rights, however, all one reasonable, thinking person has to do is attend a local gun show....observe the wide variety of characters walking out the doors with extended magazines, massive amounts of ammunition....semi-automatic weapons...(long and hand)....it is scary....!
Do you care sidearm? If yes, assuming you 2nd Amendment supporter. Why you scared them? Aghh!! You judging people by their look!!! Not good..
Even though, I agree some people as stupid as they look.. but I have seen a LOT of good looking people and they were as stupid as it gets...

I would be very interested to hear responses from those readers that feel they can justify the lawful need to own an extended mag....Save the "it's my right" line.....and if you claim personal protection....might I suggest you spend a little more time at the range....If it takes 31 rounds to neutralize your target...you need it........Hunting...not hardly !

Tipical position... If I don't need it nobody needs. See my comments above..
I don't want to be regulated and this is reason why I moved to AZ

I guess if I owned a gun store and some 22 year old kid walked thru the door requesting to buy a 9mm Glock complete with 30 round clips....I'd have to exercise my right of refusal....or ask to see his badge.......
This is because you judge it from political not practical position.
Based on his picture all over the media, I would refuse the sale to him as wel!!! But I bet he was looking normal in Novemeber

Old 01-27-2011, 06:30 PM

1,766 posts, read 5,457,188 times
I'm waiting for them to make speed limits near banks 15 mph so getaway car drivers won't be able to outrun the cops. Yeah, that'll stop bank robberies.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 AM

245 posts, read 600,954 times
Banning extended cap clips won't take the ones already out on the street out of circulation. The people who will use an illegal weapon don't care what the laws are. Prohibiting the sale to law enforcement only won't work since it looks like there will always be those willing to break the law to make a sale.

62,000 Guns Missing from Firearm Dealer Inventories Since 2008, Report by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives - ABC News

Even if you wave a magic wand and make all the high-cap magazines disappear, the criminals will just carry more weapons. Rather than stopping to reload they could just pull out another loaded weapon.

Armed, proficient, law abiding citizens are the answer. That means you have to be trained and practiced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or