Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:22 PM

15 posts, read 72,872 times

Advertisements

Silveradoridah that was very good information. It is nice to hear from someone who has actually lived in Winslow, Arizona.

I am curious though why did you not even mention Douglas ?

What if it came down between Winslow or Douglas and Coolidge was just not an option anymore ?

Also what if you did not have kids then would you choose still choose Coolidge over the other locations ?

Is the video below an accurate account of Winslow, Arizona ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH5u8rn6Fc4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 07:13 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
The link to that video has been posted here now how many times? It's entitled to no more credibility than any other resident's post on that city. I couldn't watch the whole thing, because the voice grated on my ear and I got dizzy with all the panning back and forth in and out of the back yard. If you want to work with DOC, and those are your choices, there are positives and negatives about each, as you've read in the two threads on this subject. Time to make a choice, without relying on anonymous internet information any more than it deserves.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,963 times
I worked for DOC at central unit for 2 1/2 years. During that time I lived in Florence and Coolidge. If you have kids don't move to either. Also, Chances are if you put in to work at florence complex you will be assigned to Central unit swing shift or grave yards. Swing Shift does get a lot of action and at night is when all the crazies come out. While working grave yard I responded to many suicide attempts and three serious staff assaults. If you want to lay low get on board at a minimum complex. hope this helps.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
I haven't been to Coolidge, but I'd go with that knowing Winslow and Douglas and where Coolidge is. Yes, Winslow is a horribly windy and dead Route 66 town, and Douglas IS an extension of Mexico. I like Mexico for beach vacations and even border towns for day trips, but living in a border town is not my idea of fun.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,911 times
Default Douglas, Arizona

I would go to Douglas it is not a bad little town. Douglas is a corrupt little town but most little towns in Arizona are corrupt.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,777,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbers View Post
I would go to Douglas it is not a bad little town. Douglas is a corrupt little town but most little towns in Arizona are corrupt.
exactly, and if you are minding your own business, you won't have any problems, and the City will appreciate your revenue.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:54 PM

50 posts, read 291,150 times
I'm reminded of the guy who was visiting in a small town with just two motels. He went in a store and asked someone which of the two motels he should stay at. The reply was that I didn't matter which one he chooses because, no matter which one he chooses, he will wish he had picked the other one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona