Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2007, 02:10 AM
XII XII started this thread

10 posts, read 38,673 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there are certain times of year when it is more affordable to move to Arizona.
I was told once if you move to AZ in spring or summer you will find more affordable rents as you're not competing with snowbirds for housing. Is this so?
Would moving to AZ in August or September be more affordable than moving in October or November?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 10:09 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
I think the summer is one time to move as many people don't like to move then. I think I remember that with living in apartments, they and more specials in the summers. I think most snow birds own homes or condos and don't rent as much as you think. We also have less apartments than in the past as many of them turned condo, so there is a little more competition for them, at least the nicer ones.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:23 PM

6 posts, read 53,105 times
Summer is definately the way to go. If you're a renter, get into a lease for a decent amount of time and you will be good to go. Stay away from month to month in the resort type of areas as a 2 bedroom condo can run you upwards of $2500.00 a month during our peak months. Peak months I would say are about November through March or April.

Good luck.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:42 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XII View Post
I was wondering if there are certain times of year when it is more affordable to move to Arizona.
I was told once if you move to AZ in spring or summer you will find more affordable rents as you're not competing with snowbirds for housing. Is this so?
Would moving to AZ in August or September be more affordable than moving in October or November?
Great question, XII

Generally speaking, snowbirds and students are reluctant to sign anything more than a six month lease, so if you are planning on staying for awhile, I don't think you will be affected with the seasonal premiums. In fact, many complexes frequently offer specials for those willing to sign one year plus leases.

! ! ! !

Old 07-22-2007, 03:26 PM
XII XII started this thread

10 posts, read 38,673 times
Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona