Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 AM

57 posts, read 173,325 times

Advertisements

This photo was taken at a rally at the state capitol yesterday. The news will not show it and the Capitol Police and Homeland Security would not let Americans or any of the Veterans that were there do anything about it.

My husband and his friends were threatened to be arrested and were told they would be booked under federal charges if they did anything. I am sending this to you so that you in turn can start emailing it to everyone on your list. It is totally uncalled for and people need to see it.

This is not about politics and rhetoric, it is about a direct threat to our country. Those of you that don't live in Arizona will maybe get a chance to see the other side of what the news is telling you. If this offends you greatly, then I have truly accomplished what I set out to do.

I understand that sometimes we don't see eye to eye on certain things, but that is the right our forefathers fought for. I am an American before I am anything else. For those of you who choose to dismiss this: If you believe that this is okay I believe you are a traitor to this country and everything it stands for.

I am not a racist and I am not a Nazi, this has nothing to do with race, it has to do with respect to the country that is continually taking you in and turning a blind eye to your agenda.

Homeland Security was designed to identify and defend America from Terrorist acts yet yesterday it let illegal and legal citizens of this country desecrate the Flag. People were spitting on it, stomping on it and burning it with cigarettes. One soldier who had just returned from Iraq tried to grab the flag and was thrown to the ground by the Capitol Police and Homeland Security.

Attached Thumbnails
Is this just Arizona or is it America?-att000032.jpg  

Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,983,825 times
People can do what they want with the flag. It's part of our freedoms. That is why folks were not allowed to intervene. Personally, I think burning or defacing our flag does nothing and solves nothing but part of living in a free society is not understanding why some folks do what they do.

Folks like this do these things to get a rise out of people and make others angry. It's a cowardly act, really. They know they're going to be protected by police. It's best to just ignore idiots like this and not give them the satisfaction they are looking for.

This has nothing to do with Arizona or the United States in general. This could have been anywhere.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:59 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
I agree completely - sometimes you just have to let the kooks be kooks .... as long as they aren't in a position to have any influence or power, there is really no reason to fight against the small minority of people out there looking to get a rise .... all you do is give them power be even aknowledging that they exist

it's the whole "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, does it make a sound" scenario ...... sure it does, but no one can verify it because no one really cares and it's completely irrelevant

so they can exercise their freedoms all they want - I'll take note if possible, identify that they are part of the nut job fringe and then discount anything else that they may ever do

but I won't engage them - no benefit to me in doing so

Old 02-18-2011, 02:05 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,619 times
There are kooks in every state. Some have more than others... take California for example....

Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM

260 posts, read 511,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
There are kooks in every state. Some have more than others... take California for example....
It is hard to believe, that they have cooks in California.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:44 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdidaho View Post
This photo was taken at a rally at the state capitol yesterday. The news will not show it and the Capitol Police and Homeland Security would not let Americans or any of the Veterans that were there do anything about it.

My husband and his friends were threatened to be arrested and were told they would be booked under federal charges if they did anything. I am sending this to you so that you in turn can start emailing it to everyone on your list. It is totally uncalled for and people need to see it.

This is not about politics and rhetoric, it is about a direct threat to our country. Those of you that don't live in Arizona will maybe get a chance to see the other side of what the news is telling you. If this offends you greatly, then I have truly accomplished what I set out to do.

I understand that sometimes we don't see eye to eye on certain things, but that is the right our forefathers fought for. I am an American before I am anything else. For those of you who choose to dismiss this: If you believe that this is okay I believe you are a traitor to this country and everything it stands for.

I am not a racist and I am not a Nazi, this has nothing to do with race, it has to do with respect to the country that is continually taking you in and turning a blind eye to your agenda.

Homeland Security was designed to identify and defend America from Terrorist acts yet yesterday it let illegal and legal citizens of this country desecrate the Flag. People were spitting on it, stomping on it and burning it with cigarettes. One soldier who had just returned from Iraq tried to grab the flag and was thrown to the ground by the Capitol Police and Homeland Security.

When I grew up it was unthinkable to have a shirt or hat or do rag or motorcycle jacket made from the flag. Now everyone seems to wrap themselves in it for their own purpose. It does not just belong to some Americans

Old 02-18-2011, 04:22 PM

57 posts, read 173,325 times
the rest of the story was/is: Homeland Security was designed to identify and defend America from Terrorist acts yet yesterday it let illegal and legal citizens of this country desecrate the Flag. People were spitting on it, stomping on it and burning it with cigarettes. One soldier who had just returned from Iraq tried to grab the flag and was thrown to the ground by the Capitol Police and Homeland Security.
Did he not have the right to express his need to protect the flag? I was not there, so I cannot say what all the little provocations took place, but it seems the soldier's right of opposite (hopefully, non violent) expression was not considered.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdidaho View Post
the rest of the story was/is: Homeland Security was designed to identify and defend America from Terrorist acts yet yesterday it let illegal and legal citizens of this country desecrate the Flag. People were spitting on it, stomping on it and burning it with cigarettes. One soldier who had just returned from Iraq tried to grab the flag and was thrown to the ground by the Capitol Police and Homeland Security.
Did he not have the right to express his need to protect the flag? I was not there, so I cannot say what all the little provocations took place, but it seems the soldier's right of opposite (hopefully, non violent) expression was not considered.
WAS is the right word here. This photo was taken in Aug 2010 - nearly a year and a half ago at one one the SB1070 rallies. It's been the subject of countless web pages. Even your post is taken directly from an internet posting of the time (except that one said it was Vietnam vets who tried to save the flag). Why are you bringing it up? It's long over with. And, like others said, it's democracy - get used to it. It seems you are just trolling. I hope the mods take note.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,914,887 times
I think he meant August 2009. That is when I recall it happening.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:42 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
I think he meant August 2009. That is when I recall it happening.
No, it was last summer - nearly half a year ago. It was a good catch, but it doesn't change anything. It still is an old news story dragged up for whatever purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona