Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:47 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,776,857 times

Advertisements

It goes back to agriculture. The Az farmers wanted cooler evenings, not more sun in the evening.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 PM

444 posts, read 1,351,416 times
This confuses the hell out of people I talk to from out of state. They always have to ask what time it is in Arizona now when I talk to them. I think it's perfectly reasonable, but I guess I've gotten used to it and very much like it. Why would anyone want to mess up their lives with this stuff?
Hawaii also doesn't do daylight savings.

And I hate it when people in AZ say something like "We're on Pacific Time in the summer" which just exacerbates the confusion. It's not a time zone shift, it's daylight savings!

Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 PM

339 posts, read 832,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Even though we don't change oour clocks in AZ, this can still cause quite a bit of confusion. Hong Kong doesn't either.
Yeah we don't change our clocks here in Az but at my job all of our shifts move up an hour to adjust to the rest of the country's time shift! We all start an hour earlier than normal because my job deals with people around the country every day but I get off an hour earlier so that's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
Some of the times of TV shows change. That's always something to mindful of.
Yeah it's hard to keep up with the show times because TV show times do weird things after the time change! Some start an hour earlier and some don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieWrecked View Post
I used to work in the hospitality industry, I always loved when someone would call down and yell at us because they missed their flight or meeting because they didn't realize the time difference.

Don't most cell phones change times automatically now for you? I don't get how people can be so dense.
Yeah my alarm clock is one of those auto time setting things so I have to make sure mine doesn't shift on it's own. I think I have the daylight savings time switch turned off so I have to be sure to watch and make sure it doesn't jump forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
This is what I had to get used to after moving here from Michigan, no springing forward or falling back.

But since I work in a customer service position and deal with people from across the country I have had to adjust to everyone else's time change and adjust to the fact that Arizona won't change for anyone else.
Yeah I work with people across the country too that's why everyone at my job has their shift move up an hour to adjust to the rest of the country moving thier clocks forward. and I have to get used to them being 3 hours ahead of us now instead of 2 and remember that we are now on the same time as California. So in some ways it is still confusing even though AZ doesn't change our clocks forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona