Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 09:59 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,594,662 times

Advertisements

Both Davis Monthan AFB and Ft Huachuca are in Baja Arizona so the Military would probably be the largest employer, followed by the Border Patrol. Given that the population would just shy of one million we could certainly make it. Where do I sign up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 02:21 PM

8,020 posts, read 12,165,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I will gladly pay double my property taxes to be rid of Phoenix, JT Ready, Russ Pearce, Frau Blucher, Generalissimo Arpaio, McCain and Kyle, all in one swoop. Pure heaven
I'm sure much of California would be glad to be rid of Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, "Moonbeam" Brown, Maxine Waters, etc., but I don't hear anything about part of that state wanting to secede. It's a matter of taking the bitter with the better. It's that way in many other states.

And would you honestly be wanting to pay higher property taxes that would amount to giving more of your money to government bureacracy? Even if the state of Baja Arizona would somehow come to fruition, it's a concept that many people might soon regret. Basically, you're looking at another West Virginia, and the U.S. certainly doesn't need anything like that again!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,750,210 times
and now Northern Virginia as the 51st State.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,594,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I'm sure much of California would be glad to be rid of Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, "Moonbeam" Brown, Maxine Waters, etc., but I don't hear anything about part of that state wanting to secede. It's a matter of taking the bitter with the better. It's that way in many other states.

And would you honestly be wanting to pay higher property taxes that would amount to giving more of your money to government bureacracy? Even if the state of Baja Arizona would somehow come to fruition, it's a concept that many people might soon regret. Basically, you're looking at another West Virginia, and the U.S. certainly doesn't need anything like that again!
You need go no further than C-D to see threads on seperating Northern and sothern California. Tucson is a city of over a half million so Baja Arizona would not be the smallest or poorest state. The government in Phoenix has gone so far off the right wing that seperation would allow the Baja to return to sanity. Besides AZ DOT has made I-10 impassible, it takes longer to get from Tombstone to Tucson now than it did in the 1880s. It would be hard to do a worse job than Pearces Chronies. Pardon me for not wanting to live in the cesspool they created

Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,042,760 times
Quote:
I thought we already had this thread. Free Baja Arizona!!!!
I second that motion!!! Free Baja!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 10:35 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,106,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mglindo View Post
If Paul Eckerstrom objects to the predominant politics of his state, maybe he should vote with his feet and MOVE!
California desperately needs tax payers.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,106,051 times
Quote:
Both Davis Monthan AFB and Ft Huachuca are in Baja Arizona so the Military would probably be the largest employer, followed by the Border Patrol.
Bastions of ultra liberal thinkers all...

Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 AM

963 posts, read 3,021,233 times
Quote:
I'm sure much of California would be glad to be rid of Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, "Moonbeam" Brown, Maxine Waters, etc., but I don't hear anything about part of that state wanting to secede.
Jefferson - The 51st State - Northern California / Southern Oregon - A State of Mind

Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,484,181 times
Quote:
Mr. Eckerstrom needs to get over himself and take the bitter with the sweet. So he doesn't like the Phoenix area? Well, too bad. Phoenix is the dominant force behind the entire state. Without it, Arizona would be an isolated, sparsely populated state with only Tucson as its only major metro area ... and that's not saying a whole lot.

As AZ Dreamer correctly pointed out, many states are divided on issues. California is one place which has some of the largest division of any other state. L.A. and the Bay Area are the large liberal areas which tend to skew election results heavily, and give the entire state a reputation of being leftist & solid blue. The reality is much of California is moderate or conservative.

Arizona doesn't need to be split into two different states. This idea has been floating around for some time now, and the chances of it actually happening are almost zero.
I was in Tucson yestderday. Im trying to be nice and not say bad things. And Im real glad to be back here in Tempe.

It would probably hurt Tucson and help Phoenix if we did break up.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 PM

963 posts, read 3,021,233 times
People used to talk about the possibility of vacating Iraq as a nation-state and reassigning portions of it to Iran, Syria, Turkey and Saudi Arabia based on tribal affiliations. We could do the same with Arizona based on politico-cultural associations:

These counties become part of New Mexico: Pima, Santa Cruz, Graham, Greenlee, Gila, Navajo and Apache

Utah will take Coconino and Yavapai Counties.

Nevada gets Mohave and La Paz Counties.

Yuma, Maricopa and Pinal Counties become part of the Inland Empire of southern California -- a far east annex of Riverside and San Bernardino.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona