U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-19-2007, 05:34 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,288,131 times
Well a few jump out, Pipe Springs National monument, Jacob Lake, the Navajo Bridge-Marble canyon, Lees Ferry has a historical site and its a interesting area as well. Then the trading post in Cameron is a great place to poke around. Then down to Wupaki National Monument and drive the loop road to Sunset Crater. The above are just a few sites on that loop and most of the above charge a fee for access. But it is a great drive. if you take the north road Hwy 89 into Page through Kanab be sure to stop in at Best Friends animal sanctuary it is a amazing animal rescue facility. In Kanab there is a bed and breakfast that is in a old sears cataloge mail order house. Its a great place to stay a night or 2. The Vermillion cliffs along the road are great as well.
I did not mention the gorge at the Az strip just south of St George Ut there is a small campground area that you can stop at and walk down to the Virgin River, (granted it is not much this time of the year)
I will save the info to Mt Dellenbaugh North Rim of the canyon west end for another post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkfan View Post
I missed the Aspens and it looks like we will only be here for about another month. Rambrush, or anyone else that can help, I want to make a trip thru southern Utah and back across AZ. Kinda circle the Grand Canyon if that makes sense. I have heard that it is too late to visit the northern rim and I plan to make the southern rim and Sedona on another week. We will have 6-8 days to spend. Can you tell me the "don't miss" spots? Thanks for any help, Jerry

Old 11-19-2007, 05:59 AM

21,157 posts, read 25,073,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymann View Post
By making your statement you have take this to another level. All I wanted to know was if this was an illegal alien issue since I have seen many. I may have mis-spoke when using the word minority. If it doesn't pertian so be it. Recall though that blacks, the so called jena 6, severly beat a white kid almost to the point of death, and this kind of thing does hang with a person. It is not new, that is minorities ganging up on whites. The child in the "comment" was ganged up on according to the writer. Since gangs are more associated with minorities,especial people from south of the border, more than whites, it was a fair question to ask; who they were.

Now to move on.

Your sophomoric thinking, your wise 'ism', is, profound in it's simplicity.

My simple response is; what you have said should be offensive to all those who have come here to build this country legally.

The long responce:

Apparently you have not been in the mix, and or, you are so steeped in the politically correctness; you are unable to see the truth of the matter. I've been there. I've grown up in the good, the bad, the ugly. Most all that has happened since Ronald Reagan; the bad, and the ugly.

As for Italians, Irish, etc., the difference is that they, were separated by the Atlantic Ocean. They were not able to flood, into, invade, and in fact colonize the United Sates of America the way illegal aliens have.

Please wake up to all the realities. Hospitals, schools,gang's, prisons over running our society. These things are common knowledge, those who reject them are "burying their heads in the sand".

Another difference is, when these other groups came here, there was little or no work for them, they resorted to crime, etc., to survive. Illegal aliens come here, to plenty of work, and experience great enrichment at our expense. So don't try and lay that weak BALONEY on me.

I have my opinion based on empirical knowledge. I stand on it. If you don't like it that's OK, keep it to yourself. On the internet I've picked up on a few different things. Don't step on people, state your own side, AND leave it at that.

You have your opinion apparently guided by political correctness, or I would say political incorrectness.

State your opinion. That's ok. But don't try and attack me or enlighten me with your political correctness. It's not smart, it's rude, and uncalled for. I may be rude back. It will turn into internet bickering,that will probably go no where.
People are beginning to stand up to political correctness, face it, keep your head out of the sand and in the light.

Have a nice day.
Long story short:

I am about as anti immigrant as they get.

Mosey on over to the 'Immigration' forum here on City-Data; you may be shocked.

Too; when I used the word 'Mexican', I should have been clearer, I was referring to American kids of 'Mexican lineage-------not border crossers.

As for being 'Politically Correct': trust me, that I ain't!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:52 PM

74 posts, read 213,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Long story short:

I am about as anti immigrant as they get.

Mosey on over to the 'Immigration' forum here on City-Data; you may be shocked.

Too; when I used the word 'Mexican', I should have been clearer, I was referring to American kids of 'Mexican lineage-------not border crossers.

As for being 'Politically Correct': trust me, that I ain't!
Some how I took you wrong I guess; sorry. You did pretty good at defuseing my discontent. Cu-Doo's to you. I'm always learning from people on this net.
I'll take your word on your illegal stance.
Happy Trails

Old 11-26-2007, 09:25 PM

74 posts, read 213,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippi333 View Post
haymann, thanks very much for your concern. it really was an awful thing. to answer your question, the first boy who beat my son's head into a tile bathroom wall repeatedly was in fact, hispanic. i don't know, if he was here illegally, or if his parents were, either. i will note, that when i went to the school to pick up my son before i knew what had happened to him, the same little boy had him on the floor trying to take his lunchbox, while a hispanic lady who worked at the school just stood there watching them and laughing. when i barked at the little brat to leave my son alone, she looked at my son and said, "like earlier, remember?" i of course, didn't recognize the significance of that statement until later when i learned what had happened. i told the principal about it but obviously, she defended the employee.

the second assault was carried out by several students, and a little more than half of them were hispanic. although, again, i don't know if they are here illegally.

i am a southern california native, and understand the issues caused by the huge influx of hispanic illegals. it's tough sometimes not to feel frustrated and wish a lot of them would go home or stop coming, when their behaviors are violent or even criminal. however, in the end, i don't think any of us will move forward until we learn to live together. although that will mean that they (immigrants) will have to put in their share of the effort too.

and i'll agree with you that bad things happen in all schools, but to varying degrees. i mean, we had NEVER encountered anything like this before, and my older daughter had been attending public school for 7 years (in southern california - and one of those was a huge school attended by nearly all minority children, many illegal hispanics - this, surprisingly enough, was the best school we've EVER had any of our children in) by the time this happened to my son. and our experience has been that good schools, when bad things happen in them, are staffed by people who will address the problem sufficiently. at cerbat elementary, and even at the level of the assistant superintendent, we encountered nothing but stupidity and a complete lack of willingness to address the problem appropriately. bad things are going to happen, but most of us with children would agree that we need schools staffed (and supervised) by people willing to do their jobs properly when problems arise.

hopefully at some point in the near future, there will be a new superintendent and supporting staff which will lead to positive changes for the entire district. until then, it's sad to think about how many children are really being failed by the system when it it so unecessary.
I am from SO. Cal also. I left because of what we are talking about. Don't support the evil fight it. Write your rep.'s. I do at least once a week. Watch Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, listen to Michael Savage's AM radio program, Savage Nation. Write your rep's about your anger, it's ok to be angry don't let people talk you into excepting the evil, and this is what it is, what else would you call it. Join the people who refuse to except the degradation of our society any more.

Good luck, good bye, no, not good luck fight the evil that is the savages, or suffer as you have.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:47 PM

3 posts, read 6,405 times
I have lived in Kingman for about 3 years now. LOVE IT!!! We are in the Hualapai Foothills. We go to Hualapai Elem. My question is...My girls have always taken dance before we moved, and we are looking for a comparable dance studio. I have seen the Allstarz Dance Academy and recently my kids came home with a flyer for Kingman Dance Factory. The Dance Factory will be located right by my house but I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone have any information on the best dance place in Kingman????? THANKS!!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:39 AM

6,157 posts, read 9,736,816 times
Hi neighbor,

It's so refreshing to hear from somebody else who likes Kingman as much as we do.

We only know about Allstarz, and can highly recommend it. Allstarz has gymnastics as well as dance, and many of the kids do both. Here's a story.

Our kids took dance in NY before we moved Kingman. The NY dance school has an annual recital where all the different classes put on a short dance number. I sat through that thing for 90 minutes to watch our kid's 2 minute performance, and wanted to kill myself out of boredom the rest of the time. Allstarz has the annual recital as well, and it was with great reluctance that I attended it. I loved it! There was a huge difference in the quality of the programs Allstarz created. Many of the dances had elements of gymnastics combined in the routines and had some pretty spectacular moves. They take their gymnastics seriously as you can readily see from all the trophies lining the walls. Many of the kids go on to state and national competitions. This place is the real deal.

We don't know much about the Dance Factory either. Apparently they were previously located in the north part of town, so they are not new. They must be pretty good to have survived in a small town with Allstarz, and I think it was very smart of them to move into the Hualapai area. As you know, this is a reasonably affluent residential area with a lot of kids, and having a dance school they can walk to is a big win. I imagine they will do very well in this location. However, we'll probably stick with Allstarz for now because of the gymnastics and our kids are at home there. But try the new place and let us know how it is!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,669,210 times
I think I was in Kingman a month ago on my way to Vegas and I liked what I saw. I wanted to hang there and go to a bar but my friend said. " we have to get to Vegas". So we drove up through the Hoover Dam and eventually hit the big LV. Kingman left an impression on me though. I shall return!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:10 PM

194 posts, read 267,119 times
Default Jena 6 was justified

[quote=haymann;2029787]By making your statement you have take this to another level. All I wanted to know was if this was an illegal alien issue since I have seen many. I may have mis-spoke when using the word minority. If it doesn't pertian so be it. Recall though that blacks, the so called jena 6, severly beat a white kid almost to the point of death, and this kind of thing does hang with a person. It is not new, that is minorities ganging up on whites. The child in the "comment" was ganged up on according to the writer. Since gangs are more associated with minorities,especial people from south of the border, more than whites,
---First off, the black kids in the Jena 6 case did not beat the white kid nearly to death, and the white kids provoked the incident by excluding the black students from an area of the school based on their race, obviously a practice learned from their Louisiana daddies. And of course, the black kids were charged with felonies for sticking up for themselves (By the way I don't buy all that PC sh**, I just call how I see)

Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM

80 posts, read 218,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Yes Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber was from there...
I thought McVeigh was from New York. Was it possibly Michael Fortier you meant?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,489 times
Default Kingman Dance Factory

I came upon you question today.....my three girls attend dance a Dance Factory and LOVE it! It is a different program than Allstarz, which my children attended for many years before I decided to try something new. We have been at the Dance Factory for 4 years and the growth of my children has been incredible.

If you are looking for a structured dance program that is pretty rigid than Dance Factory is a good choice. AllStarz has a good program but they do things differently. Both have competivie and non competive programs. AllStarz of course has a big gymnastics program.

You may just want to swing in and check it out. They have been at the Wellness Center for the past few years and their lease ran out so they are relocating to a BIGGER studio with more offering of classes. We are excited!

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona