Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,144 times

Advertisements

Hi I am originally from back east, CT My parents moved to AZ when I was 15 to Mesa AZ, It was total culture shock for a 15 year old. The culture is totally different, at least from a woman's point of view, its all about how you look, I was deeper than that. Anywaz I am 50 now and back in AZ from a horrible experience in Utah, man they drilled off my teeth, no kidding those child hood stories about moving to the south and loosing your teeth are true. The dentists are just not smart at all, see where I am going. I strongly suggest from experience to stay in the city areas. Go to the foot hills of Tucson, yes more money but same as brooklyn, its nice in North Tucson, hiking moutons, good shopping and the crazes stay away. It is true you must buy your safety here, also check out nice neighborhoods such as Scottsdale, AZ parts of Phoenix even. When I went to the third world in south america to try to get my teeth fixed after the Mormans burned down my house and butchered my teeth off, they too in Costa Rica, drilled and hurt them more. I am strongly thinking of moving back east because I miss good people, they are harder to find here, so judgmental if your a woman that does not look like a model, I am average and 50 and get treated poorly. The psychological health here is very poor unless you somehow get into the south culture and I have not done that yet, I guess I was raised back east and I think differently. If you have family and thats all you need and a nice house check out North Tucson or North west Tucson, your close to nature there anyway and Yes there is a huge immigration problem in AZ, home invasions are even happening in West Phoenix towns in nice areas during the day by illegals seeking drugs, go where I said you minimize the problems, kids go to good schools and you life okay, but don't expect the warmth you get from back east out here. Much Love, I would be moving asap back east, but this global warming with huge storms has me a little freaked out. I would still have my teeth if I never moved the F out here. An illegal immigrant posing as a dentist wreaked my molars when I was in college drilled the tall ones flat and the greeting stupid dentists here and in Ut said to fix bite needed to do a full mouth restore and left me a dental cripple, I may go back to NY just to get them fixed, they won't even listen to me tell them what I need here, they tell me if I tell them what the prob is they won't fix it. I always have to shut up out here not one cares or will hear me out, unless I look like a barbie doll. Much Luck to you. I hope your experience is better, be careful looks are deceiving in AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 637 times
Angry Much better places to live.

Unless your stationed on the base, I wouldn't move here. There are MUCH better places in the area. Regardless if what others say, crime is pretty bad for a city this size, traffic is horrendous and it has the most disrespectful residents (and drivers) if anyplace. Property is way overpriced for what you get and having to get a "pass" just to do a simple thing like going bowling (and getting verified every time after that) is ridiculous. The stupidest thing I ever did was to purchase a home here (and for which I paid WELL MORE than it's worth). I've only been here about 4 months myself and instead of getting better and growing on me, it just gets worse and worse. If I hadn't overpaid for the piece of crap property that I purchased, I would be out of here in an instant. The ONLY good thing is the weather, but that you can get just about anywhere else down here BESIDES this dump.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack56 View Post
Unless your stationed on the base, I wouldn't move here. There are MUCH better places in the area. Regardless if what others say, crime is pretty bad for a city this size, traffic is horrendous and it has the most disrespectful residents (and drivers) if anyplace. Property is way overpriced for what you get and having to get a "pass" just to do a simple thing like going bowling (and getting verified every time after that) is ridiculous. The stupidest thing I ever did was to purchase a home here (and for which I paid WELL MORE than it's worth). I've only been here about 4 months myself and instead of getting better and growing on me, it just gets worse and worse. If I hadn't overpaid for the piece of crap property that I purchased, I would be out of here in an instant. The ONLY good thing is the weather, but that you can get just about anywhere else down here BESIDES this dump.
You’re only seven years late...

Old 04-07-2018, 04:18 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
You’re only seven years late...

A day late and $4.37 short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona