Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 9,058 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a lot a few miles northeast of Yucca ... it seems quite private but I am thinking is there a reason?? The subdivision has one other place as far as I can see, it is kind of at the base of a wee mtn. sitting out by itself. The subdivisions south of here don't seem overly occupied either. Do any locals have any feedback on this area, is it a fairly new subdivision .. I would probably be off grid, where does one get their water? Who maintains all the roads in these subdivisions? Basically anyone with knowledge of the area, pros and cons appreciated. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 08:12 PM

11 posts, read 18,771 times
I live in Kingman, and would say that one of the main reasons is that there is no shopping for about 30 miles. The water is likely hauled, too -- but I could be wrong. If you work at the nearby prison it's probably a pretty good deal. Having a geodesic house and an old semi tractor on a pole probably says a lot, though I'm not sure what the words would be :-)

Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,118 times
I am guessing you are talking about Stagecoach trails or Pioneer Valley. But we Have Frontier Valley, Sacramento Valley Ranches, Shabbona Ranchos all North and East of Yucca.
Pretty open space not much wind breaks to be had. I am not sure of water but if you like heat and dirt the area is for you. No matter how tight the house is the dirt will work its way inside.
But remote is good I hate houses so close together you can knock on there window if you run out of supplies in the kitchen and not even leave the house.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 9,058 times
Thanks for the feedback. It is considered Golden Valley Sub... apparently even though it is not far from Yucca (NE)... I would use it for a few months each winter therefore heat would be tolerable or lack of. Is it pretty windy, dusty in the winter? Me no like sand in my teeth..

Old 08-30-2011, 03:48 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Ram and I have explored that whole area in depth. I think it's safe to say that if you don't like sand in your teeth, that's NOT the area for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: