Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,508,330 times

Advertisements

I prefer Southwest (I've ridden Greyhound, so what some people dislike about SWA doesn't really bother me all that much). I've flown them on numerous occasions for trips back to the Midwest and California and never longed for in-flight entertainment whenever I had an occasional crazy person sitting near me or my laptop.

I avoid United at all costs. I'm not real thrilled to see them absorb Continental. Never really had any problems with America West/US Airways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM

160 posts, read 374,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceimages View Post
Hi AZJOSH: If I fly Southwest it will be for over 7 hours so leg room matters for me. Unfortunately Allegiant does not fly out of my area.
Sorry, I read it as PHX to Tucson, not or.

I have never really found a preferred airline, except for Southwest since they have awesome deals to fly to CA or Vegas.

I always had problems with Northwest airlines, thats the only airline I refuse to fly now.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:54 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
My rule when choosing airlines are 3 things

1. Direct Flights - always go direct versus connecting.

2. Their Hub - I avoid American Airlines because they fly through DFW which is one of the worst airports I've ever flown through with long delays on the tarmac (hours at a time) and flight delays in general due to the airports size, location and weather (frequent tornados, winds causes delays). I like Continental because they fly through Houston Intercontinental. Good Hubs are Chicago, Phoenix and Houston. Bad Hubs are Atlanta, Dallas, Denver and Minneapolis. By good hubs, I'm not interested in the quality of the airport but rather time delays, efficiency (do you wait on the tarmac) and weather.

3. Customer Service: Although ALL of them have decreasing quality of customer service each year (unless you fly first class), Southwest Airlines has by far the best customer service overall and I am faithful to them. The worst airline is American Airlines. I've had consistently bad service with them...everything from failing to notify that boarding is occuring to long waits on tarmacs, to failing to compensate for delays or missed flights due to their fault.

U.S. Airways also has poor customer service. They used to be America West Airlines and they were horrible. We are talking....changing gates without notifying passengers, delays, nickel and diming everything, having a horrible miles program and failing to honor miles. The only reason I fly them is they have direct flights out of Phoenix but if I have a choice I would never fly them.

Good Airlines in my experience are
Southwest, Continental, United and JetBlue

Ones to avoid
American Airlines, Delta Airlines, U.S. Airways

Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 AM

475 posts, read 814,409 times
I've never had a problem with US Airways. I fly them or WestJet to PHX, their pricing is consistent and so is their service. I would like to try Southwest but they don't fly out of Calgary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona