U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM

246 posts, read 494,151 times
My favorite part of the state is Cochise County. Just enough altitude for a nice 4 season climate. Close enough to Tucson but pretty much everything you need in Sierra Vista. And I never get enough of Bisbee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM

2,511 posts, read 4,044,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantexan View Post
My favorite part of the state is Cochise County. Just enough altitude for a nice 4 season climate. Close enough to Tucson but pretty much everything you need in Sierra Vista. And I never get enough of Bisbee.
I love Cochise County too, it's beautiful!

Old 07-10-2012, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 855 times
It has been some time since you posted this thread, but if you haven't moved yet. Check out Wickenburg too.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM

2,032 posts, read 881,770 times
Check out the area between Prescott and Seligman.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 733 times
Just don't go to Dolan Springs, right K-dog?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM

4,246 posts, read 2,010,092 times
You describe yourself as unusual, which, caused me to immediately read further so as to see what it is that sets you apart as unusual. So far, it seems like you fit where millions of other people fit, but, perhaps I missed something. I'm not trying to be snarky, but, what's unusual?

Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM

535 posts, read 337,859 times
Guess we are al different, like music, food, favorite color and what not, but we are the same like when a loved one dies, you crie.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:03 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,849,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejumpsuitman View Post
I have read a lot of threads and posts about different cities in Arizona but opinions can be so contrary that I am having a little bit of a hard time envisioning what areas are really like. We plan to visit AZ early in 2012, but would love to have a heads-up on some areas to look at.

Perhaps I should describe my wife and myself and allow people to give me suggestions as to where they think we might enjoy living...

We have traditional values, are friendly, sociable people, love the wide-open spaces, love all things Americana, especially Route 66! Love history, Antique shopping, Elvis, Cowboy boots, old cars, RV's, day trips, mom & pop restaurants, historical buildings, ghost towns, abandoned motels, etc. We are most comfortable in towns of under 50,000.

We are NOT artsy, honestly don't care about "cultural diversity", don't care about night-life or fancy stores or malls...

We like the idea of finding a house with 1 acre or more of property for under $100,000 where we can park our 40 foot Bus conversion without being hassled by the city or by neighbors. So what do you think?

Thanks,
Marc & Dee
Prescott, Kingman, Payson, Winslow, Safford, Benson, Bisbee, Sierra Vista, Patagonia, Vail, Tubac

Old 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM

726 posts, read 1,024,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantexan View Post
I live in Graham Co just north of Cochise and it is hard to beat Cochise for just simply great scenery, history and towns....love all of AZ but SE AZ is pretty special.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:03 PM

535 posts, read 337,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
I live in Graham Co just north of Cochise and it is hard to beat Cochise for just simply great scenery, history and towns....love all of AZ but SE AZ is pretty special.
That is our favorite corner off the state to, it stil is what AZ is in most peoples minds, quiet, beautiful, easy going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona