U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-12-2012, 05:51 PM

308 posts, read 256,355 times
Hey all, I appreciate the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM

9 posts, read 12,282 times
I live eight miles south of Sierra Vista and I get KVOA-NBC out of Tucson. It's the only English-language stations I get. I get two other Spanish-language stations but I hardly watch them. I don't have cable and just use an antennae on my HDMI TV. It's good enough for me. I just wish I could get KGUN for its news because KVOA's news is too biased.

Unread 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM

108 posts, read 145,318 times
Default Antenna

I would only go with a Indoor or Outdoor antenna if I lived in the PHX or Tucson area.

In Northern Arizona you can only pick up NBC and two spanish stations if you live more than 30 miles outside of Flagstaff with an indoor or outdoor antenna.

Indoor Antennas and outdoor do not work well in rural areas I know this from first hand experience.

Power boosters do not work well and most outdoor antennas break after a year of two.

If you live in a rural area then there is a chance that you might get lucky and pick up 4 or 5 stations with an outdoor antenna once in a while with a real bad picture.

When you go with the outdoor antenna the weather plays a big part in the reception. If the weather is bad then the signal will be hard to pick up. On several occasions I even lost NBC and the spanish stations due to bad weather.

The best thing to do is to order the basic cable TV package if you live in a rural area. When I say basic TV package I mean the package which will probably have the following:

NBC
CBS
FOX
ABC
PBS
UPN
CW
Telemundo
Univision
and maybe a few more stations thrown into the basic package

A basic package will run you probably around 20 bucks a month and I can tell you it is well worth the 20 bucks.

Indoor and Outdoor Antennas are a hassle if you live in a rural area.

Indoor and Outdoor Antennas will also always let you down if you live in a rural area.

Go with the basic cable package if you do not want to spend alot of money for TV.

The other option would be to go with Netflix.

Unread 04-06-2012, 06:42 PM

15,904 posts, read 10,763,693 times
Sattelite is the only way to go in Sierra Vista. Cable is out of date and too far away to lay miles of cable for a small market. I have Direct TV, expennnnnnnnsive, but I make up on other things

Unread 08-08-2012, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 449 times
My AntennaCraft HBU33 mounted 16 feet above the ground gives good reception on 19 Tucson channels including sub channels. I live S.E. of Sierra Vista near the border.

Unread 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 167 times
Smile external antenna

I live in Hereford Bought a good long distance outside antenna roter included and get 18, 13 ,11 and 4 and digital subs no 9 ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona