U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-15-2006, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,648 times
Question Moving to AZ

I will be temporairly moving to Ash Fork AZ. I would like to settle in the Williams/Flag area. Anyone know of any inexpensive places to rent in those areas? I am moving there from NC, however my brother lives in Phoenix, and he tells me to try and stay out of the Phoenix area. Thanks for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-15-2006, 02:11 PM

437 posts
Your brother is giving you very good advice. You can visit Phoenix like I do, and smile when you get back on I-17 and head north.

Good luck near Flag, it's pricey.

Unread 09-15-2006, 04:40 PM

10,010 posts, read 10,999,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed1023 View Post
I will be temporairly moving to Ash Fork AZ. I would like to settle in the Williams/Flag area. Anyone know of any inexpensive places to rent in those areas? I am moving there from NC, however my brother lives in Phoenix, and he tells me to try and stay out of the Phoenix area. Thanks for any replies.
we just moved from NC to Mesa so far we havent had any problems here and found it to be alot cheaper that NC surprisingly but we are moving to Tucson in a few weelks, I dont know much about Flagstaff except it is beautiful.

Unread 09-19-2006, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,648 times
Thanks for the responses. I will be living in Ash Fork with my sister and brother in law, which I'm praying it will not be for very long as 5 of us (4 adults, 1 child) will be living in a two bedroom home. A rental does not necessairly need to be in Flag, I'll take Williams, Ash Fork, Prescott Valley and any small town that is at least 100 miles north of Phoenix. Sure do appreciate the help. I hate it here in NC, lived here 11 years and can't wait to get out. I live 25 miles east of Charlotte.

Unread 09-19-2006, 05:15 PM

10,696 posts, read 9,013,895 times
Quote:
cave creek or fountain hills - may be nice area for you
Reply: That would be a long commute.

Unread 09-19-2006, 06:52 PM

2,295 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Quote:
cave creek or fountain hills - may be nice area for you
Reply: That would be a long commute.

It is a long commute. I don't see anything great about that area either.

Unread 09-19-2006, 06:54 PM

2,295 posts
Quote:
Thanks for the responses. I will be living in Ash Fork with my sister and brother in law, which I'm praying it will not be for very long as 5 of us (4 adults, 1 child) will be living in a two bedroom home. A rental does not necessairly need to be in Flag, I'll take Williams, Ash Fork, Prescott Valley and any small town that is at least 100 miles north of Phoenix. Sure do appreciate the help. I hate it here in NC, lived here 11 years and can't wait to get out. I live 25 miles east of Charlotte.

Have you been to Lake Norman?

Unread 09-19-2006, 06:59 PM

4,885 posts, read 6,733,113 times
Quote:
Wow! Somebody that actually hates NC! We moved here in the spring. We like it, but are not blown away by it like a lot of people seem to be. If you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about it? My sister lives in Prescott AZ. I've spent a lot of time there and it's beautiful! Good luck with your move!

Unread 09-19-2006, 11:02 PM

2,295 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam View Post
Wow! Somebody that actually hates NC! We moved here in the spring. We like it, but are not blown away by it like a lot of people seem to be. If you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about it? My sister lives in Prescott AZ. I've spent a lot of time there and it's beautiful! Good luck with your move!
Maybe you should have to moved to the Lake Norman area

Unread 09-20-2006, 06:31 AM

4,885 posts, read 6,733,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Maybe you should have to moved to the Lake Norman area
I've read so much about Lake Norman I'll definitely check it out sometime. How far is it from Raleigh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona