Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
it might be a wise idea for the snailmail to be registered letter . not sure if that term is still in use . anyway , a letter that has to be signed for by recipient .
You're right. A registered letter gets prompt attention and proof back to you that they were notified. E-mails probably are not even looked at and end up in their spam box and get deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 05:01 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
I spent several weeks communicating with customer service people for one company and got nowhere. I looked online, got the names of the CEO, VP, and one of the executive directors, and then called the corporate office. I gave the operator who answered the call the name of the CEO and that I wanted to speak with him, I was told he was out of the office. I asked for the VP, same thing he was out of the office. I asked for by name the executive director and that I would speak with him. She said he was in a meeting and could call me back. I was called back and within 24 hours my problem was resolved unlike the several weeks spent talking with people who can’t or don’t want to help someone. Knowing the names of who you want to talk with is important; they think it’s best to get you help and avoid having you talk with the big guy himself. No one in the company wants to give bad news problems to the CEO or a VP, no one! Thus it gets fixed quickly because they know you’ll call back or write a letter.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:43 PM

25 posts, read 61,537 times
Registered mail, or certified, whichever it is, sounds like a good idea.

AksarbeN, I like the way you think! Quote: "Knowing the names of who you want to talk with is important; they think it’s best to get you help and avoid having you talk with the big guy himself. No one in the company wants to give bad news problems to the CEO or a VP, no one! Thus it gets fixed quickly because they know you’ll call back or write a letter."

Exellent!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
A number of years ago I did my research and found the name and home address and phone number of the President of an organization. I prepared well documented information, packaged it and sent it certified mail to his house requiring a signature in return mail to me. I then knew he got the information when I received the signed return card.

The problem was fixed within two weeks at the national level, where as I continued to get the run around at the local and district levels for over a year of phone calls and writing to these people.

I learned from that point on that the people at the top don’t want to have problems down below them. The only way they know what is happening is if it gets pushed UP to them; otherwise they think everything is running just fine.

I couldn’t believe that I was able to find his home address and phone number. I even called the number to verify if it was correct information. His housekeeper answered when I called.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
A number of years ago I did my research and found the name and home address and phone number of the President of an organization. I prepared well documented information, packaged it and sent it certified mail to his house requiring a signature in return mail to me. I then knew he got the information when I received the signed return card.

The problem was fixed within two weeks at the national level, where as I continued to get the run around at the local and district levels for over a year of phone calls and writing to these people.

I learned from that point on that the people at the top don’t want to have problems down below them. The only way they know what is happening is if it gets pushed UP to them; otherwise they think everything is running just fine.

I couldn’t believe that I was able to find his home address and phone number. I even called the number to verify if it was correct information. His housekeeper answered when I called.
Excellent, AksarbeN . . . WAY TO GO!

! ! ! ! ! !

Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Backwoods, now that you've notified Wal-Mart of the issue I'd probably go to Kalispell, go to the new courthouse and file a small claims action in justice court (if I remember right it's on the 2nd floor) for $5000 naming Wal-Mart bentonville as the defendant.
If you need I've got an old friend in Kalsipell who's an attorney, quite creative and doesn't like seeing people ripped off.
You can DM me if you want his name.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Emailing is nice to notify another party, however if you really want quick positive action you much send a letter addressed to the named CEO or director of personnel at Wal-Mart. A written letter gets more attention than an email that simply gets passed around the office.

You can find the names of directors or upper management online or simply by calling the company, and verify their mailing address. A stamped envelope sitting on the office desk gets attention.

Emails in the business world from customers don’t work well. Phone calls and stamped mail gets attention positive attention.
This is a fact. Phone calls, as well, are not as effective as a well written, with a return receipt, not necessarily certified letter to the highest level officer of the company. Emails are nothing. Some get deleted from being timed out unread.

They aren't going to pay you any money to straighten this out. You are on your own from my own personal experience and what I have read. It is a horrible thing to happen to a young couple. Even though you all have been through a lot, you need to try and simmer down and get everything together in a calm manner. It will go far. You all sound like you are stressed to the max......good luck and I wish I could help you.

My understanding is that it can take up to 10 years to get everything straightened (hopefully) out. Have you all pulled credit reports to see if anything else is going on there ? You can put a credit hold in the credit bureau saying that the identity has been stolen. I did that. It helped a little.

Again, good luck and God bless the family.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
it might be a wise idea for the snailmail to be registered letter . not sure if that term is still in use . anyway , a letter that has to be signed for by recipient .
The CEO' secretary would probably sign for it (happens all the time) and I am not sure they would accept it. I think better just a "return receipt" showing that it was received at the corporate office. It would of course be addressed to the CEo, using his full name and title.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
The CEO' secretary would probably sign for it (happens all the time) and I am not sure they would accept it. I think better just a "return receipt" showing that it was received at the corporate office. It would of course be addressed to the CEo, using his full name and title.

Oh, I don't think they would refuse certified or registered mail. And, it doesn't matter that it's the secretary signing for it... It would still get to the right person.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
You might want to read through this Q&A on the SSI website, one part in particular;
If you have done all you can to fix the problems resulting from misuse of your Social Security number and someone still is using your number, we may assign you a new number.
You cannot get a new Social Security number:

To avoid the consequences of filing for bankruptcy;
If you intend to avoid the law or your legal responsibility; or
If your Social Security card is lost or stolen, but there is no evidence that someone is using your number.
If you decide to apply for a new num*ber, you will need to prove your age, U.S. citizenship or lawful immigration status and identity. For more information, ask for Your Social Security Number And Card (Publication Number 05-10002). You also will need to provide evidence that you still are being disadvantaged by the misuse.

There is much more on the site here's the link Social Security Publications
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona