U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 PM

683 posts, read 1,796,448 times

Advertisements

Here's an event starting this weekend that's really good. Anybody else got some Halloween events taking place in Arizona?

DARE TO BE SCARED
Old Tucson's Nightfall explores dark side with fights, blazing stunts
LINDSEY HOSHAW
Published: 09.27.2007

DARE TO BE SCARED | www.tucsoncitizen.com ®

The show, which begins Saturday and culminates in a final "bloodletting" Oct. 31, includes five live-action shows, three walk-through "haunted adventures" and a nightmarish train ride. And if that's not enough, cast members will roam the dusty streets of Old Tucson looking to scare unsuspecting visitors. (Hint: Beware of those masked creatures behind you).

The main attraction, The Darkness Rising Stunt Show, depicts Dr. Hyde and his dangerous decision to resurrect Kain, the Vampire King. As Kain re-emerges, things quickly get out of hand and the two fight to the death in a dramatic showdown. "This is a caliber of spookiness that hasn't been seen out here in a while," Kadrow says. "We've doubled the scary factor - there's a lot more action, and more stunts."

The Darkness Rising Stunt Show incorporates more than 30 pyrotechnic explosions and a 35-foot fall taken by a stuntman on fire.

"The pyrotechnics are incredible," says Michael Moore, who plays Kain. "It's scarier than anything else I've done."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 09:53 AM

343 posts, read 57,453 times
Any one with children I recommend taking them to Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek. Every year they have a great set up. Carnival rides, train ride through a haunted orchard, good food, and fireworks display at the end. Kids can find their pumpkin from the patch. Thursday nights are good but you can go on weekends. I forget the cost, but they always have a nice crowd with ample parking.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:54 AM

8,672 posts, read 10,923,336 times
We had the best Halloween in 30 years last year. We must have had over 100 kids come to the door and the street scene was right out of a movie. Some dad in a Chicken costume was going around and a neighbor put orange lights all over his little golf cart and went around the streets. I hope we have the same street scene here this year, I can't wait.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:46 AM

145 posts, read 490,417 times
Alice Cooper in concert Halloween night at the Arizona State Fair.

SCARY!
All shows are FREE with your Fair admission on a first come, first served basis. Or, you may purchase reserved seat tickets through Ticketmaster and the Coliseum Box Office NOW.

Halloween Boo Bundle
Available NOW Online
Valid Oct. 31 only.
1 admission and 10 ride package.

Buy online HERE (NOW - Oct. 30)
Arizona State Fair 2007 - Official Site (http://www.azstatefair.com/customer-service/tickets.aspx - broken link)
- OR -
Buy at admission gates when you arrive at the fair on Oct. 31.

Adult Boo Bundle
Online - $15 ($22 value)
At admission gates Oct. 31 - $18

Child Boo Bundle
Online - $10 ($16 value)
At admission gates Oct. 31 - $13

Boo Bundle is valid for use Oct. 31 only.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:02 AM

145 posts, read 490,417 times
Thanks, Nice Baby!

Im moving from Bullhead City to Queen Creek this weekend, and this sounds perfect for my 2 youngest boys (9 & 14 years old).

Heres another Queen Creek kid oriented event I found online.....

Trunk or Treat Festival

Wednesday, Oct. 31 from 6-9 p.m.
Desert Mountain Park, 22201 S. Hawes Road

Special Events - Town of Queen Creek (broken link)

Something different up north in Laughlin Nevada....

Haunted Laughlin Tour
Haunted Laughlin Tour (broken link)
This tour runs year round, but I recommend purchasing tickets for the night of Halloween in advance. Hopefully they havent already sold out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona