U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-15-2013, 04:49 PM

1,082 posts, read 872,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humayara View Post
I m 23 & my hubby is 25.we r from Bangladesh it's next to india.we r in U.S.A. for last 1 years with our parents in New Jersey.Now me and my hubby really wanna move and start our very new life.we really wanna move in Arizona.last 3 month I m really trying to know abot az.
I really prefer safe and quiet place.what u guyz think,where should I move.
Flagstaff would be a better pick for you and your husband if you can take the cold winters.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:57 PM

1,082 posts, read 872,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possibility View Post
Might have a job opportunity in Kingman, AZ. For a black male 39 years young what is Kingman like for minorities? Would appreciate very honest answers.
Kingman for "minorities"? or did you really mean "How is Kingman for black people?" ??? Because there are definitely "minorities" there, but there are not many black people at all.

Kingman for minorities is what it is. There is a decent sized Hispanic community and a very small Asian and Middle Eastern community, but that's about it. There are not many black folks at all. It is a very conservative town. I would liken it to being somewhat caught in the late 1970s/early 1980s which, for many people, is very ideal.

I would not advise you to move to Kingman for the fact that I do not believe you would be comfortable there. If I were black, I know I wouldn't be. You might look into Phoenix or Tucson if you really want to be in Arizona.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:11 PM

9,483 posts, read 3,241,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Kingman for "minorities"? or did you really mean "How is Kingman for black people?" ??? Because there are definitely "minorities" there, but there are not many black people at all.

Kingman for minorities is what it is. There is a decent sized Hispanic community and a very small Asian and Middle Eastern community, but that's about it. There are not many black folks at all. It is a very conservative town. I would liken it to being somewhat caught in the late 1970s/early 1980s which, for many people, is very ideal.

I would not advise you to move to Kingman for the fact that I do not believe you would be comfortable there. If I were black, I know I wouldn't be. You might look into Phoenix or Tucson if you really want to be in Arizona.
We have some Black people here in Bullhead tho MOST of them have anglo white spouses. Black and Black couples ain't that common here.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 PM

898 posts, read 726,917 times
Yeah... I was trying to resist the urge to post this but yeah... don't come to Kingman, you deserve better.

Just got called an "F-ing N-bomb" by some crazy woman outside my work today... for no good reason. It's been a while but yeah... I'm only half black-spanish but people here are too stupid to care because many are too uneducated here anyway.

Hell, I've heard guys casually talk using N-bombs among F-words because they feel SO threatened by "us taking over" it since Obama took office. I voted libertarian and people just assume I voted for Obama...

Can't wait to move out of this place.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,554,363 times
Well Crackpot let me know when you are moving and I will come help. Hopefully it will be soon

Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 AM

15,379 posts, read 23,229,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Yeah... I was trying to resist the urge to post this but yeah... don't come to Kingman, you deserve better.

Just got called an "F-ing N-bomb" by some crazy woman outside my work today... for no good reason. It's been a while but yeah... I'm only half black-spanish but people here are too stupid to care because many are too uneducated here anyway.

Hell, I've heard guys casually talk using N-bombs among F-words because they feel SO threatened by "us taking over" it since Obama took office. I voted libertarian and people just assume I voted for Obama...

Can't wait to move out of this place.
Bull.....pure n simple BULL

you will hear that word in ANYcity in the USA, uttered by IDIOTS. THAT does NOT make a town bad or racist or anything else....it make YOU thin skined.

Is it RIGHT....hell no it isnt...but dont make the town out to be racist because of it....

Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 AM

898 posts, read 726,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Bull.....pure n simple BULL

you will hear that word in ANYcity in the USA, uttered by IDIOTS. THAT does NOT make a town bad or racist or anything else....it make YOU thin skined.

Is it RIGHT....hell no it isnt...but dont make the town out to be racist because of it....
Thin skinned? No... I've put up with enough crap from the people here that it's actually desensitizing me to it. It just irks me that even in 2013 these wanna-be confederates wish it were 1890 again. Kingman has always been pretty bad when it comes to treatment of African-Americans, if I could find the picture my parents took of the sign back in the early 80s "Don't let the sun set behind you" I'd gladly post it here. I NEVER had this problem in Phoenix or Ohio.

Plus its a small town, so chances are high when you encounter it compared to Vegas.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,554,363 times
Look I have kept it polite lets get you moved out of Kingman ASAP so you can complain about someplace else.
We don't need it here.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 PM

14,198 posts, read 17,750,597 times
Closed for mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona