U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
2 posts, read 3,769 times
Reputation: 10


Hi everyone! I hope someone here could help me & provide me the right information.

I've got double nationality. Was born in Mexico, my dad is american, so I'm also an American Citizen.
The thing is, I live at the border of Mexico [ I work and study here ], and I'll be needing to travel in Arizona for just a day trip, my car is registrated [for now because I don't have AZ license] under my dad's name & AZ plates, but I've got a Mexican license.

I've been told I can because I reside in Mexico not AZ, so I can drive it with the mexican license? If I get stopped on the road I'll just show that license, my AZ ID & American Citizen Passport????

I don't think I'll have enough time to get the AZ license, if I take my foreign license does that make it any faster? Not taking all of the tests????

THANK YOU!!! I need answers very fast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 AM
701 posts, read 2,697,929 times
Reputation: 983
If you live in Mexico, you don't need an AZ license. Your Mexican one will be fine. And you can drive your Dad's car while you're here... No problem.

It would be just like if my friend came here from France and borrowed my car. All you need is a license from where you live and a passport.

Keep the AZ id thing to yourself. I understand why you have it, but if it shows an az address, that matches the registration of the car, the cop could think you're driving without a license.

It's simple if you keep it simple. If you live in AZ, you need an AZ license. If you're a tourist, your home country license and passport is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Location: Looking over your shoulder
28,342 posts, read 24,946,714 times
Reputation: 73004
It can't hurt to have proof of insurance and registration in the car as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top