Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 02:42 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,293,948 times

Advertisements

I came to visit in July & was comfortable. Moved here September 1st & the heat did drag on. But it's nice now &, coming from Minnesota, I'm going to really appreciate the winter! I've heard it can get cold so kept some of my winter apparel. My sister was disappointed because she wanted my winter coat, lol. We'll see what cold means here when it happens.

Who knows, I just may have to send it to her.

I have found, even in the warm days, that it's cool morning & evening enough to warrant a light jacket, so that is when I do shopping, etc .

I really like it here so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 06:52 PM

383 posts, read 634,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Yes you should definitely visit in the summer. Honestly, it is very hot, but the lack of humidity appeals to many people, hence, part of the reason we're growing so fast. Dust storms are more of a nuisance and are dangerous if you're driving in one because your visibility is hindered but you won't be swept away like in a hurricane. If you can adjust to desert living this may be a good place.

I know that 120 degrees is much warmer than our normal 98 degree days in the summer. The humidity here makes 98 feel like 120. I say once it gets past 110 its all the same.
I also say, if I'm working in the summer I rarely go out except for walking to the garage to my car and getting some exercise in by walking outside in the evening when it cools down a tad.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:11 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
I know that 120 degrees is much warmer than our normal 98 degree days in the summer. The humidity here makes 98 feel like 120. I say once it gets past 110 its all the same.
I also say, if I'm working in the summer I rarely go out except for walking to the garage to my car and getting some exercise in by walking outside in the evening when it cools down a tad.
I experienced a 116° heat index in Little Rock, AR last July (97° temp with 79° dewpoint); it was worse than any day I have felt here

Old 11-02-2017, 12:28 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,946,687 times
I lived near Jupiter Fl for 15 years and have lived in Arizona for 11 years now. All factors considered Arizona is the hands down winner.
1. better weather(7 months are better than Florida and the summer is more bearable than Florida)
2.closer proximity to weekend vacation areas(california,vegas,mexico and N arizona)
3 much less bugs
4 friendlier people( more people with core family values live in Az)
5 better housing available in AZ (newer and cheaper)
6 cheaper food costs due to having over a dozen different food stores in AZ as opposed to 1 major monopoly in Florida (Publix)
7 This is the reason I moved (no natural disasters in Arizona where in Florida you never no when life or property will be ruined by a hurricane or a tornado)

Old 11-02-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I lived near Jupiter Fl for 15 years and have lived in Arizona for 11 years now. All factors considered Arizona is the hands down winner.
1. better weather(7 months are better than Florida and the summer is more bearable than Florida)
2.closer proximity to weekend vacation areas(california,vegas,mexico and N arizona)
3 much less bugs
4 friendlier people( more people with core family values live in Az)
5 better housing available in AZ (newer and cheaper)
6 cheaper food costs due to having over a dozen different food stores in AZ as opposed to 1 major monopoly in Florida (Publix)
7 This is the reason I moved (no natural disasters in Arizona where in Florida you never no when life or property will be ruined by a hurricane or a tornado)
These are all the reasons I want to make the move to AZ! The only thing I don't agree with is cheaper housing. I guess that's all depends where in Florida you live. I could definitely agree if I lived on the east coast of Florida. I live south of Tampa in a suburb, and if I move to Chandler or parts of Phoenix, housing costs much more. Then again it's all about location, location, location.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Ask the people in Florida where they would rather live today and I bet a lot would say AZ.
Once you go through a real hurricane then every hurricane warning after that creates HUGE stress.
I had huge stress going for 2 weeks before Irma, during and after until I got home.
I Never want to go through that again. Besides, we're not getting any younger. Do I want to go through this 5 or 10 years from now?

Old 11-02-2017, 03:50 AM

I have to come visit again soon. I don't know which parts of Phoenix are nice to live, which parts fits my lifestyle, etc. I like to be near restaurants and things to do, and if I am asking too much, not much traffic. I don't know if that's possible.
I stayed in Chandler, and loved the area, but need to explore more areas to live. I understand north Phoenix is nice near East Deer Valley Dr?

Old 11-02-2017, 11:38 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,725,641 times
Quote:
You are correct; once the temp hits 110 all bets are off!

Old 11-03-2017, 04:33 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times
Quote:
I have to come visit again soon. I don't know which parts of Phoenix are nice to live, which parts fits my lifestyle, etc. I like to be near restaurants and things to do, and if I am asking too much, not much traffic. I don't know if that's possible.
I stayed in Chandler, and loved the area, but need to explore more areas to live. I understand north Phoenix is nice near East Deer Valley Dr?
North Phoenix is fantastic; less traffic than the core of the city, everything is newer, gorgeous views, less expensive, whats not to love!

Old 11-12-2017, 09:12 PM

994 posts, read 967,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
North Phoenix is fantastic; less traffic than the core of the city, everything is newer, gorgeous views, less expensive, whats not to love!
what towns are considered north phoenix? Is there a substantial climate change between north phoenix and the rest of the metro area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona