Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 11:45 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,300,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingNewEngland View Post
Yea and they're not all the inner city Italians either so, most other people from Illinois, or some of the other midwest states, have a big time facade in their personalities it seems like.. they act like everythings ok when its not or will be friendly to you while trying to 1up you kinda thing instead of outright showing emotion and telling you off. Almost like "i'm sorry you feel that way, I hope to not offend you next time goodbye now" kinda stuff where they won't ever return to discuss more after that to try and solve the problem. Boston ex-pats are usually the best ones who move to other places in my experience. NY if they're Italian or irish. Ditto you could say for Chicago too. Just not those uppity suburbanite types.. I'd HATE seeing those kind of transplants. Thats why St Pete is getting more gentrified or Florida lost more friendly people they once had.
Stereotype much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 01:06 PM

277 posts, read 276,159 times
Eh, I’m not a fan of Florida. It feels gross to me

Old 02-12-2019, 03:02 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetsky Medved View Post
Detroit: You can have mississippi, Im fine where I am, even if it's turning into a ****hole like california.
Whosh! That's the sound of you missing Detroit's point.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:39 PM

656 posts, read 812,690 times
You can't beat Florida for alligators, insects, humidity, hurricanes, flatness and rednecks.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:16 PM

402 posts, read 611,603 times
The problem with Florida is that its mostly a dump. As is all the south east. Florida is worse because it takes FOREVER to drive somewhere that feels different. In Arizona, and a lot of the west, you can be somewhere quite different in a matter of a 2-4 hours. Theres nothing that could bring me back to the east coast in general, let alone a state like Florida.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:37 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,721,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
The problem with Florida is that its mostly a dump. As is all the south east. Florida is worse because it takes FOREVER to drive somewhere that feels different. In Arizona, and a lot of the west, you can be somewhere quite different in a matter of a 2-4 hours. Theres nothing that could bring me back to the east coast in general, let alone a state like Florida.
Where in the east are you from? Florida's beaches are its strength.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:47 PM

26 posts, read 28,866 times
Default Sorry to bump this old thread...

I've literally read through this entire thread, and it has helped me with my decision to go forward with moving to Arizona.

My family has been planning a move out of state for about 3yrs now. Arizona has always been the target, but since we are beach lovers, Florida loomed in the background. But this thread has helped convince me that the beach alone is not worth changing our plans. I understand everyone has their issues and desires, but Arizona seems like the best fit for us.

Our 12-18mo timetable has begun. We would go sooner, but a recent death in the family has complicated things. We also have to sell a business, and that would work best if we did it next year. So our move will have to wait a little while longer.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who have shared their opinions.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:38 PM

153 posts, read 135,562 times
Just moved to Phoenix, AZ. Not sure I want to "give it a chance". I hate cities. Why did I move to a city? For a job. I like the job, I hate the commuting to work. Oddly, the traffic is OK even when backed up. There are many more merciful drivers than I expected. Maybe poverty is OK, if I live somewhere I can be a bit self sustaining.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:21 AM

402 posts, read 611,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel516 View Post
I've literally read through this entire thread, and it has helped me with my decision to go forward with moving to Arizona.

My family has been planning a move out of state for about 3yrs now. Arizona has always been the target, but since we are beach lovers, Florida loomed in the background. But this thread has helped convince me that the beach alone is not worth changing our plans. I understand everyone has their issues and desires, but Arizona seems like the best fit for us.

Our 12-18mo timetable has begun. We would go sooner, but a recent death in the family has complicated things. We also have to sell a business, and that would work best if we did it next year. So our move will have to wait a little while longer.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who have shared their opinions.
The beach isnt a terribly long drive away.

And I will say that Lake Havasu can give you some of those beach vibes. You can walk on the beach there. All the water activities except surfing.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:10 PM

872 posts, read 998,915 times
Lot of insensity in this decade old thread lol

I have to say, as I get older, I am able to find beauty in more things than before. I used to hate the scenery of New England and now I appreciate it more. Would I move back? Hell no. I do like the autumn leave changes and the lighthouse beaches but Arizona scenery and feel of the desert or the mountain cities of the north is on a whole different level to me. The west coast in general is much more appealing to me. Driving through Utah was an amazing experience. I was definitely meant to be here.

I can appreciate Florida as well. I could not live there as I feel I'd miss AZ too much. I will be visiting my aunt in a few weeks down in Venice, FL. I've never been to the W coast of FL so it'll be a fun exp. I do have to that FL does have a lot of outdoor activities available all year and all around the state. It is always nice to change up the scenery but I will always find my way back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona