U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 03:39 PM

338 posts, read 381,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1221n View Post
Another california transplant looking to make the move to AZ, just wondering what the process is to get an az drivers license and how long does it take ? I have a perfect driving record, no issues.
It was the easiest process I've seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
One of the most earth shaking "positives" I noticed when I relocated to Arizona from California was the friendliness and efficiency of Arizona's MVD compared to California's DMV.

After the initial Driver's License and Vehicle Registration transactions, most everything else can be done online and rarely requires a return visit, however, when a trip to the MVD is necessary in the future, packing a lunch and a supply of valiums are definitely not required.

Good Luck
ROFL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn55110 View Post
Are out of state residents moving to Arizona required to take the written test, pass the driving test or have a vision exam? What are the fee's?
No test required! As long as your current out of state licence is up to date, then there's no test, it's simply a matter of trading one in for the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
I got my Az. drivers license a couple of months ago. It was simple. It was something like 10 bucks and it took me about 15 minutes and they asked me if I wanted to keep my old license which I did. The punched it to make it invalid and handed it back to me.
No tests or anything. It was very easy.
My Arizona drivers license is good until 2028.
Gotta love Arizona.
LOL! Yeah I kept my old one too and they just punched a hole in it and let me keep it. They ask if you want to keep it or just have them throw it away. I decided to keep it for memory purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbrotha100 View Post
Definitely something I like about Arizona. Your DL in this state is valid until you turn 65.
Yes that really shocked me when I first saw the date! I thought it was a typo or mistake. Hahah! In Ohio mine had to be renewed every 4 yrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 03:36 PM

446 posts, read 1,060,980 times
I'd like to second (third?) the comments that the AZ DMV is very user friendly. I've registered two cars there (I do a long term rental in the state) as well as gotten an AZ ID card (not a DL, but looks like it and is useful for some things in the state). Very helpful and friendly folks. This was in Green Valley, just south of Tucson.

Rich

Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 AM

5 posts, read 5,322 times
I think you should concern this with your closest DMV.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 AM

14,227 posts, read 17,832,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by densons View Post
I think you should concern this with your closest DMV.
The OP's closest DMV is in California, not Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona